zwave lock notifications

I installed Schlage F599 with GC3 (3.0.2). Hooked it up with alarm.com:

• assigned user codes
  • set up lock/unlock notifications

Whenever I lock / unlock the lock with the alarm.com app I can see notifications (via alarm.com).

However whenever someone locks / unlocks the lock from the lock’s pad no notifications are fired. Which would be the most useful, as I need to know who opened it (different users have different assigned codes).

Am I missing something?

However whenever someone locks / unlocks the lock from the lock’s pad no notifications are fired. Which would be the most useful, as I need to know _who_ opened it (different users have different assigned codes).

Am I missing something?

A similar issue existed previously with the GC2 and the Qolsys IQ and this particular lock model, so it is possible this is a software fix, but have you tried any standard troubleshooting like removing and recreating that notification?

Do you ever see individual names associated with the unlock events in Alarm.com history? Try using one of your user codes with lock access to unlock. Does the Alarm.com history show “Unlocked by [username]” or just “Unlocked?”

tried:

• recreating this notification
  • opening a lock with my personal code vs. other users’ codes

results:

• alarm.com history shows nothing if the code is entered from the lock pad (my code or any other working code)
  • alarm.com history shows “lock unlocked” / “lock locked” without a username associated to these events whenever the lock is locked/unlocked from the alarm.com app / website

Anything else I can try?

You could try removal and re-learning of the lock just to be certain.

Based on previous reports with Schlage locks, it looks like the GC3 may be experiencing the same issue and needs a similar remedy. I’ve already escalated this to ADC to get the wheels moving. It should be pretty easy to diagnose if it is the same.

Sure, I’ll try lock relearn.

GC3 may be experiencing the same issue and needs a similar remedy

What was the remedy?

What was the remedy?

If I recall it was a firmware patch. Let us know if the re-learn makes a difference.

I removed the lock from the panel and readded it (I think this is what you mean by “relearn”).

It does indeed work, and I can now see notifications correlated to user / codes

I removed the lock from the panel and readded it (I think this is what you mean by “relearn”).

It does indeed work

Ah, good news. Always be sure to add locks close to the panel otherwise you might have troubles creep up after the pairing process.