Zwave issues after IQPanel 4 firmware update

I recently noticed that my panel was running an older firmware, so I updated it through the panel menu (Upgrade Software->Upgrade Using Network). Ever since then, none of my Zwave devices are working properly.

For example, if I turn a light on or off through my IQ4 panel or the ADC app, the system will change the status of that device to what I selected (on or off), but the device itself does not turn on or off.

I have tried rebooting my panel, running Zwave network rediscovery on everything, and running the Zwave tests in the panel. The panel acts like everything is fine and working properly, but the devices are acting like they never received the commands being sent.

I am having the same issue. Just updated firmware to 4.2.1.

For example, if I turn a light on or off through my IQ4 panel or the ADC app, the system will change the status of that device to what I selected (on or off), but the device itself does not turn on or off.

Is this on all or just some of the Z-Wave devices?

I have sent some commands to update the Z-Wave network. Wait about 5 minutes then test for any changes.

If no changes. Clear a Z-Wave device from the network, re-add, run a Z-Wave network rediscovery, then test that device for resolution, both locally and via ADC. Any change?

Is this on all or just some of the Z-Wave devices?

10 out of 12 devices have this problem. The 10 that have the problem are all GE/Jasco switches (some dimmable, some not). The 2 devices that still work are both Aeotec Smart Switch 6, however both of the Aeotec switches (outlets really) initially had very long (multiple minutes) delays that led me to believe they were not working. Although right now both seem to be working normally without significant delay.

I have sent some commands to update the Z-Wave network. Wait about 5 minutes then test for any changes.

No difference in the GE switches. I cannot say for sure if that is why the Aeotec behavior changed.

If no changes. Clear a Z-Wave device from the network, re-add, run a Z-Wave network rediscovery, then test that device for resolution, both locally and via ADC. Any change?

Clearing and re-adding a GE switch made that switch function normally again even without rediscovery. And it recognized the switch just fine to clear it (after selecting “clear device” in the panel it has you press the button on the switch to indicate which device to clear, so it is able to communicate with it). I was hoping to avoid spending my evening clearing, re-adding, and renaming all my switches, and then re-doing my scenes.

Editing to add some devices I overlooked:

• 2 Baldwin/Quickset smart locks are not working.
  • 1 Aeotec Nano Switch (relay) is working.

This is unfortunately likely an issue with Z-wave S2/S0 security. The Aeon Labs devices all show that they are not using S0 or S2 security. The other devices are using one or the other. This means deletion and relearning the devices will likely be necessary.

I’ve sent a command to see if this can be resolved without relearning the affected devices but it is likely needed.

I’ve sent a command to see if this can be resolved without relearning the affected devices but it is likely needed.

No change, so I will just remove everything and re-add them. I wish I had written down all the pins so I wouldn’t have to remove the wall plates. Lesson learned :slight_smile:

Is it normal to expect that any firmware update to the panel will essentially wipe out your zwave network?

No, I do remember some reports of this but in general this is not an expected result when updates occur.