ZWave Door Bell Chime

Anyone found a ZWave doorbell chime that works with IQ4 panel. Something that will ring when the ADC video doorbell is pushed?

No, there are no dedicated chimes I know of that would be compatible, and Z-wave automation cannot be triggered from VDB770 button calls.

You can trigger z-wave light switches/plug in modules during video analytics rules, so motion detection could trigger a switch.

The VDB770 is designed for use with traditional mechanical and digital chimes.

I want to confirm your statement. The installation manual states that “you can tell if you have a mechanical chime” then it lists a bunch of model number for chimes.

Does this mean you ONLY can use mechanical chimes?

Can you use an electronic chimes?

Many of the chimes they have listed are hard to aquire. Its easy to get an electronic chime, but many don’t show up on the list in the manual. (like the Broan Nutone ones)

It works with mechanical or digital chimes. It won’t work with intercoms but any mechanical or digital chime using the required standard doorbell voltage should work.

thank you.

This wired electronic door chime available at Home Depot mentions using a diode at the door bell button.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Wired-Door-Chime-in-White-HB-2748-03/304225392#overlay

If I install it per the video (its in the back half of the video), will it mess up the ADC video doorbell unit in anyway or make it so it wont operate correctly?

Are there door chimes that you know to work very well and have no issues, are loud, etc where you could recommend the manufacturer and model number?

That model should be fine. Reference to Diodes are only found in Skybell documentation, and I think you would just need to remove that diode, as you would be installing the Power module that comes with the VDB770. That small white power module is required for all installations.