Zwave and Gold Package Monitoring

Hello,

I was just about to make my purchase but need to clarify the Zwave functionality.

I understand that I must purchase a Gold package to unlock the ability to control Zwave products, like a thermostat, via the Alarm.com platform over my phone.

However, I’m not interested in the Gold package, and only want the basic service with monitoring. Will the Zwave products work with the system? For example, are the door sensors Z wave? Will it still trigger the alarm?

Is the siren you recommended via the forums on Lowe’s website going to appropriately trigger if I don’t buy the gold package?

Or, is the gold package just the ability to control those Z wave devices remotely?

Does your system include an OEM power cord?

Also, if I decide to do monitoring through a different company via alarm.com, will your panels work with anyone else? Would it require reprogramming or additional hardware?

However, I’m not interested in the Gold package, and only want the basic service with monitoring. Will the Zwave products work with the system? For example, are the door sensors Z wave? Will it still trigger the alarm?

Sensors are not Z-wave.

Z-wave is the wireless communication protocol of compatible automation equipment like lights, locks, thermostats. (Some aux devices like wireless sirens also apply)

Sensors utilize an RF band based on the parent panel compatibility. For 2GIG, it is 345mhz. For Qolsys, it is 319.5.

Is the siren you recommended via the forums on Lowe’s website going to appropriately trigger if I don’t buy the gold package?

The siren function is entirely local and doesn’t rely on ADC rules. It would work just fine locally without Gold. (all Z-wave devices can be run locally and learned into panel, just no remote functions with Basic Interactive)

Or, is the gold package just the ability to control those Z wave devices remotely?

Yes, remote control and ADC automation rules and integration require Gold.

Does your system include an OEM power cord?

All panels include appropriate power supply and should not be powered by alternate means.

They do not come pre-attached to cabling as power application and diversity of installation environments makes an OEM cable not very useful in most circumstances.

Programmed, tested units purchased with service will have about 6 feet of cable pre-wired by our team.

Also, if I decide to do monitoring through a different company via alarm.com, will your panels work with anyone else? Would it require reprogramming or additional hardware?

That would depend on whether the provider supports the panel. All parts/firmware are factory and communication modules we sell can be used with any Alarm.com provider.