Z-Wave Thermostat Not Following Schedule

Looking into the settings they appear to all be set up as expected. Just to verify, did you originally have Geofencing active as well for Smart Away?

Is there any difference in function if you send a remote away command?

I have never used geofencing to enable Smart Away, whether on Frontpoint or SuretyDIY. The away temp. isn’t being set regardless of whether I set the arm away from the panel or through the app.

If the schedules hadn’t started working when I installed this new thermostat I’d start thinking there was something wrong with my ancient Simon XT panel. But the schedules now work as they used to, just the Smart Away not working.

Any thoughts on a Z Wave network rediscovery? I don’t think I can initiate that on the old XT panel can I?

At some point I suppose I should start thinking of upgrading the panel itself.

Edit: I may try to turn on geofencing to see if Smart Away is triggered

Any thoughts on a Z Wave network rediscovery? I don’t think I can initiate that on the old XT panel can I?

At some point I suppose I should start thinking of upgrading the panel itself.

Edit: I may try to turn on geofencing to see if Smart Away is triggered

You can on the XTi but I think you are right on the XT I don’t recall rediscovery being an option.

I’ve sent a rediscovery for you.

It might be a good idea to turn off smart away, then wait a few minutes before turning it on again. Make sure to allow 5-10 minutes for each command before testing. Any luck?

Also just to make sure, the thermostat schedule will need to be turned on in order for Smart Away to function.

Between resetting the Smart Away setting and the rediscovery seems to be working now. Will keep an eye on it but all good now, thanks for your help.

Thanks for following up, glad to hear that’s working!

Same problem here. Had Zwave Tstats and alarm.com for 5 years. Past few weeks the schedule won’t hold. I can change manual temps, fan auto/on via alarm.com, but no schedules. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled. It seems like this is an alarm.com problem as it’s not pushing the schedule to the panel.

After two weeks of troubleshooting I gave up and bought an ADC thermostat. All along I had thought it was something on the alarm.com and/or Trane end but there was nothing further I could do.

Worked fine for 8 years until a couple weeks ago. What thermostat are you having this issue with?

My panel is a Simon XT with Trane TZEMT thermostats. This sounds familiar.

I have same panel and thermostat. The plot thickens.

I’ve reached out to alarm.com for their help. We’ll see how far that goes. I’ll let you know what I hear. Wonder if Dexter who started this thread has the same type of setup?

Well funny thing is that “Dexter” is actually my initial report of the issue through a different channel. Then SuretyDIY (Dexter) posted my issue to the forum. I too thought it was someone else who had he exact same issue but it was just me.

Will look forward to any updates. I like my new thermostat but not happy I had to lay out $100 when it probably wasn’t a thermostat failure.

Same problem here. Had Zwave Tstats and alarm.com for 5 years. Past few weeks the schedule won’t hold. I can change manual temps, fan auto/on via alarm.com, but no schedules. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled. It seems like this is an alarm.com problem as it’s not pushing the schedule to the panel.

I’m not seeing a related suretyDIY subscription in your case. Do you use suretyDIY as your Alarm.com provider?

If not, have you reported this issue to your service provider?

We’re happy to provide updates and discuss here, as well as report another case to ADC, but in order to provide necessary account info for troubleshooting, ADC would need to hear a report from your current provider. That would accelerate resolution if they get more confirmed reports with attached accounts.

Just in case it is relevant, can you provide the firmware version of the Simon module? It would be the 3 digit number after the X on the label.

Will look forward to any updates. I like my new thermostat but not happy I had to lay out $100 when it probably wasn’t a thermostat failure.

Unfortunately ADC did not have any other confirmed reports of the same behavior at the time. We’ll check back to see if there are any additional reports or known bugs.

Ah. My mistake. I didn’t realize this was a service provider website. I stumbled upon this problem through google.

Just a quick update. I was on the phone with alarm.com today and as of Oct.24, the have acknowledged their software is not pushing schedules to thermostats. They are working on a solution.

Glad to hear Alarm.com has acknowledged that issue. Wish they would have said something before I bought a new thermostat. Oh well, my wife likes the look of the new ADC one over the Trane so that’s something.

I’m having same issue. Smart away not working. Set schedule to on and refresh screen a bit later and schedule is still off.
Simple schedule. It stays at 69 till 4pm then 62 and right back to 69.
I only use it for the smart away.
Home 69f, away 62f but it’s not changing automatically.
Tried resetting everything but no change.
Equipment is
Simon xt and ct100. Been working great for several years up to the last week. I only use heat so it’s been off for several months.

Just a quick update. I was on the phone with alarm.com today and as of Oct.24, the have acknowledged their software is not pushing schedules to thermostats. They are working on a solution.

It is something that ADC is looking into, but as far as an update is concerned it does not appear to be widespread or affecting all XT users, it is more likely related to individual software versions, but we do not have too many details.

That would be when we first reported this, so this issue occurred sooner than that but they hadn’t received reports until the 24th based on our conversation with a rep.

I’m having same issue. Smart away not working. Set schedule to on and refresh screen a bit later and schedule is still off. Simple schedule. It stays at 69 till 4pm then 62 and right back to 69. I only use it for the smart away. Home 69f, away 62f but it’s not changing automatically. Tried resetting everything but no change. Equipment is Simon xt and ct100. Been working great for several years up to the last week. I only use heat so it’s been off for several months.

ADC has only received reports regarding Trane thermostats. They’ve sent a few commands to your system to see if that has an effect on your issue, as it is possibly unrelated to the Trane tstat issue.

We’ve added your account to the ticket though, so please let us know if the commands do not have an effect so that we can update ADC.

Just after I posted schedules turned on. I’ll play with it later tonight to see if it’s acting as intended. Currently it’s set to OFF as it’s a cool but pleasant day.

Worked fine several times then I intentionally tripped the alarm and upon reset it quit changing the thermostat. After some tinkering I used the scenes buttons via the app.
Now all seems to work as I have it set with the simple arm/disarm from the panel and app.

Not sure if ADC fixed it or I found a glitch but it’s all good for the moment.

When I was troubleshooting schedule issues on the Trane thermostat, the easiest way I found to confirm it wasn’t working was to arm away and see if the Smart Away temperature was applied. I found this easier than messing with the schedules, waiting for the next schedule change, etc. With this bug alarm.com introduced, the Smart Away setting would not be sent to the thermostat.

Has anyone heard any updates from ADP regarding this issue?
I have 3 Trane thermostats that worked for years on ADC schedules, but not anymore. My calls to the alarm company and ADC simply result in “They’re working on it”. Would love to know if we’re looking at a weeks/months/years/never fix. I’m not sure if I should be patient or spend ~$500 on 3 new ADP compatible thermostats.