Z wave system help

Bought house in June 2023, house built in. 2015, has a zwave 2gig system in it.

I’m getting a low battery fire alarm alert. It can’t tell me which fire alarm though cause that would be too easy. Is there a way to get the system to chirp the low battery unit? I found 8 fire alarms in my house and changed the batteries in all 8 units, but I’m still getting the panel alert.

Any helpful ideas or troubleshooting ?

To clarify, connected smoke detectors to a 2GIG GC2, GC3, Edge panel, etc., would not be Z-wave.

Z-wave is used for automation devices like lights and locks, not sensors. Z-wave smoke detectors are not compatible.

2GIG alarm sensors are one way communication. They broadcast their status to the panel and they cannot be pinged by the panel.

Any smoke detector that is functioning but has a low battery would be beeping already itself, typically with a yellow LED flash every 12 seconds.

Here is a manual to a common 2GIG smoke detector that might have been used at the time.

Thanks for that, unfortunately that doesn’t do anything to help me. I’m still getting a low battery alert every 6-8 hours and I am not getting any low battery chirps from the smoke detectors themselves

Then that would mean this particular smoke detector batteries are completely dead and the panel is just displaying that as an ongoing status or you have a different type of fire detection device.

Do you have more than one smoke detector zone in the panel or is there just one smoke detector zone programmed in? This is not going to necessarily be the same as the number of detectors in the home, you would need to check panel programming and/or identify the model of the various detectors and whether they are actually compatible/monitored. Are any of them interconnected AC powered smokes?

Check near your detectors for something that looks like this or this, which are audio detectors used to monitor interconnected AC smoke detectors. One of these might be the source of the low battery.

I am not seeing a Surety subscription linked to your username. Do you use Surety as your Alarm.com service provider? If not it would be helpful to reach out to your provider as they would be able to identify the zone that is showing that status, how long that alert has been occurring, and may be able to confirm the model of device.

If you do not have a service provider you might reach out to your realtor to facilitate some info from the prior owner on what devices are installed.

Hey there jason!

Thanks for your reply.
No, we don’t have an active alarm service contract. Nor do we want one. I really just need the beeping to stop. At this point I’m considering just removing the panel from the wall in its entirety and cutting wires. This house has 8 smoke detectors. I’ve changed the 9v battery in each one and the system keeps beeping. Do you know how annoying it is to have it beeping every 45 seconds until I run downstairs and push buttons to get it to shut up.
At this point, this product is so worthless to me I’d rather have a hole in the wall than have this alarm panel that I don’t want.

Can you tell me how to disconnect the panel?

Typically, to power down the panel safely, you would disarm the system, unplug the power supply from the wall outlet, then open the alarm panel and disconnect the internal battery.

The process of opening the alarm panel and disconnecting the internal battery will vary depending on the panel in use. Never disconnect power wires from the panel before unplugging the power supply, as this can cause damage.

You should be able to refer to the device manual for specific instructions on how it is powered, and how to open the panel.