Z-wave Lock Range Concern

Unfortunately that may indicate an issue with either something in the environment interfering with Z-wave radio, or a weakened Z-wave radio in the panel.

The last thing I would suggest is to try resetting the 2GIG Panel’s Z-wave controller in Z-wave > Advanced Settings.

Remove all devices, reset controller, then re-add the devices.

There are no wifi locks that I am aware of, battery power is a limitation. No wifi devices compatible with the alarm panel directly. Alternate lighting option is Lutron RadioRa 2 or Caseta. They do not use the Alarm panel for communication, but use their own wireless radio. The main hubs communicate with ADC via your internet.

If you still want to resolve, you might try a different model of lock, we do not generally recommend the Kwikset 910 due to it having only 5 buttons as this severely limits the number of possible combinations. A Yale or Schlage Z-wave lock may be a better bet, or a newer Kwikset. The 910 is I believe the oldest compatible model.

This may not improve signaling though, since you have tried two different locks. The issue seems a general signaling issue or specific to the panel itself.

I tried doing that, which resulted im todays headache lol. I only added the dimmers because a CSR told me a standalone lock might be the issue since the lock is about 30 ft away no other practical need.

I chose kwikset 910 because it is on a list that you guys publish that was compatible with the alarm.com and the two gig panel platform.

I want to try another Z wave lock. Which one is best? I did like the kwikset because you can re-key the lock cylinder yourself. But the ultimate goal is to be able to operate this lock remotely so it isnt a deal breaker. I just need something reliable.

I found the schlage sense which works on bluetooth but also via a plug in wifi adapter if all else fails. Thank you

I have the two gig compatibility list but it seems like it’s something that has been published many years ago and lists the 910 i purchased.

Would This lock be compatible?

Kwikset 98880-006 SmartCode 888 Z-Wave Plus Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security, Works with Alexa via SmartThings, Wink, or Iris in Polished Brass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BLJ8QPQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_J03QBbSEB7P4H

This should be the most recent compatibility guide from 2GIG. This list would reference compatibility with firmware 1.17.04.

It is also a good idea to cross reference that with the Alarm.com compatibility guide. Locks are found just about halfway down.

The Kwikset 888 is not listed as compatible with the 2GIG panel via the list above.