z-wave devices not on ADC since adding smartthings with 2GIG

What are all the type/brands/models of Z-Wave devices you’re using with SmartThings & 2GIG?

I have a ct100 thermostat, Yale deadbolt, ge outdoor remote outlet, ge inwall outlets, ge dimmer switches, and aeon portable outlets with energy monitoring.

The Aeon Portable Outlets you refer to, are they the Smart Switch? Can you provide the model number and the Generation of device? If it is Gen 2 that may be causing an issue.

One thing you could test is to remove the Aeon devices from Smartthings, reset the 2GIG, re-add as secondary, then we can see if removing those allowed the device list to go through.

Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch

I’m not sure which generation that is? I will test removing when I get home.

Tried removing them and reset, waited a good 5+ minutes. Nothing showing up in ADC yet.

Yep, not seeing anything show up when requesting an updated list. Were you successfully using the Zwave devices just with the 2GIG panel previously? (As in, remote access through ADC before using Smartthings)

Yep, everything was working on ADC prior to trying smartthings/secondary controller 2gig. I even had the aeon smart switches setup with geo fences and motion activated events from the PIR security sensors.

To be clear, I did add the aeon devices back into smart things after about 15 minutes as they control some kitchen lights that we wanted on. Should I have waited and had you request an updated list while they were out of the smartthings?

Yes, it would have been best to wait, but if they were previously working with the 2GIG panel and ADC I highly doubt that is actually the issue.

I’ve updated ADC. Integration with a third party system is not the type of thing that is very well supported by OEMs, so it is difficult to pinpoint.

Something in the way your Smartthings 2 controller is sharing the node list with your 2GIG panel is causing the 2GIG panel to respond to external commands as though it has no devices. ADC gets quick response from the panel, it simply reports nothing.

It’s interesting that when you add the 2gig as a secondary controller, in the device list, the smartthings shows up as PC Controller, but then there are two different “Static Controllers” which seem to be the 2gig. I’m just not sure why 2 show up.

You can see the PC Controller (smartthings) on image 7/12, and then the 2 static controllers on image 11/12 in my earlier post.

Have you power cycled the 2GIG panel since adding it as secondary?

I believe I did at one point during testing, I can definitely try that again when I get home.

It is quite likely that you did, but we may as well make sure not to skip it.

I pulled the power and the battery last night for a power recycle. Doesn’t seem like it did much.

It was a hail mary. I requested another equipment update but nothing shows.

We could eliminate everything but one Zwave device, a light switch perhaps, then try the process with just that one device to rule out interaction errors with specific devices. That would tell us definitively that ADC cannot pull Smartthings 2-shared info from 2GIG 1.13 at the current time.

Any updates from ADC on this? I was hoping to not have to completely clear out all my devices and re-add them…time consuming!

If that is something I need to do, I guess I will have to try it though.

No, with no definitive word that this even works with smartthings 2 there is not a lot we can surgically troubleshoot. It is likely an incompatibility in how the system shares the devices with the 2GIG panel. Have you tried limiting the devices to just a light or two? If ADC cannot see an otherwise compatible light switch shared from Smartthings 2 to the 2GIG, that definitively says this won’t work currently and would probably require firmware changes.

Any update on this? I am wanting to pickup a Smartthing v2.

Thanks

I would not recommend the combination of Smartthings v2 and 2GIG yet. It would be interesting to test it on 2GIG v1.14 when it comes out, but it looks like there is an incompatibility currently