Z-wave and Zigbee

alarm.com and IQ panel 2+ is only Zwave or zigbee also

If you add the Zigbee daughtercard for the panel it can support Zigbee when the Other Automation feature is enabled in settings.

The officially supported devices for the IQ Panel 4 with the same setup is below. I believe the lists are the same.

Z-wave options have more variation, and the daughtercard must replace the PowerG daughtercard.

Thank so much for the support on this. I’ve read several threads on the topic and want to confirm my understanding regarding the Qolsys Panel 4 319.5 MHz Verizon here:

1. Comes with Z-Wave card/support
  2. No Zigbee support. Must add QC000E-840 daughter card.
  3. Has open slot for daughter card, no need to swap/replace a current card/function.
  4. There are no supported Z-Wave devices that can control the security side of the panel; home automations only.
  5. Unlike Z-Wave, there are supported Zigbee devices that (once the daughter card has been added) can control the security side. For example, this Bosh mmWave + PIR motion detector can cause an alarm state.

Did I get that all correct?

If so, regarding Zwave, can those automation devices use alarm states/statuses as automation prompts in associations. So, for example:

IF Panel State is ARMED AND Linear Garage is OPEN THEN CLOSE Linear Garage. So my garage closes when I arm the system.

Or

IF Panel State is ALARM AND GE Light Switch is OFF THEN ON GE Light Switch. So the lights come on when the alarm goes off.

Comes with Z-Wave card/support

Correct.

No Zigbee support. Must add QC000E-840 daughter card.

Correct.

Has open slot for daughter card, no need to swap/replace a current card/function.

Correct.

There are no supported Z-Wave devices that can control the security side of the panel; home automations only.

Correct.

Unlike Z-Wave, there are supported Zigbee devices that (once the daughter card has been added) can control the security side. For example, this Bosh mmWave + PIR motion detector can cause an alarm state.

There are a handful of officially support zigbee sensors. See the list here.

IF Panel State is ARMED AND Linear Garage is OPEN THEN CLOSE Linear Garage. So my garage closes when I arm the system.

You don’t need and can’t add the “If garage is open” part. An automation rule will not affect the device if it is not in a state where the command can take place. The command is not a toggle, in other words, it is “Close garage.” If it is closed, nothing happens.

Long story short, yes, you can create a rule that says when you arm the system, close garage. You can also create scenes which do both actions (plus others) when run.

Yes, you can automate lights when alarms occur.

1 Like