Z-wave alarm.com supported lever lock

I am switching panels from 2gig gc3 to Qolsys IQ Panel 2+. The Qolsys panel has an updated zware (700 series) radio which will no longer support my existing Schlage FE599NX lever lock.

After looking at alarm.com supported lever locks:

I have two questions:

1. Which one would you recommend? Last time I did research (5 years ago), Schlage came on top in terms of security, master keys protection, etc. Today I am not sure, and would like to get some recommendations. Top 3 would be great. I am not looking for the deadbolt ones since I have a separate, very intentionally, manual deadbolt.

2. All of these locks, but one (kwikset 912), are for doors that open from the “outside left” side, hence their handles are for the right hand to use. My door opens on the right side with, usually, left hand using the handle. Can these handles be swapped / installed for both sides?

this is a followup from this thread

I would recommend selecting one of the Yale locks primarily as the Kwikset only uses 5 buttons.

Any lever lock will have handing instructions, this is usually a quick step in programming, and you can attach the handles in the desired direction.

For what it’s worth I highly recommend the Yale locks as well. In my opinion, the build quality and security is superior to others and it’s an Assa Abloy product so the support is pretty good. In the past I’ve tried pretty much all of the other ZWAVE locks, but once I switched to the Yale Assure Lock SL I never looked back.

from the above alarm.com supported lock list: Yale YRL256 lock is supported

but there are different Yale YRL256 locks, some are not zwave (YRL256-CBA-619), some are (YRL256-ZW2-619).

I think I need to get a zwave one? If yes, then would YRL256-ZW2-619 be good, lever, supported (alarm.com & Qolsys IQ Panel 2+) lock?

Yes, you would need a Z-wave version for compatibility with the system. The linked model should be a good option.

I have replaced the panel to IQ2+ and got a new YRL256-ZW2-619 lock.

Now, every day, I get these alerts that I have to manually dismiss:

panel is located 16 feet from the front door.
it works well otherwise.
since this lock is advertised as “supported”… what can I try to make it work seamlessly as it is supposed to?

and, by the way, (from the original post) “Schlage FE599NX” works well with IQ2+ if anyone else sees this. The range is not great, but within 25, 35 feet it works. It might not be as sophisticated as YRL256, but it has a much better and sturdier build

That is referencing a physical issue with the lock installation. What it is referring to is the mechanical lock mechanism not latching properly.

This is often caused by misalignment or overtightened internals. The handle should be able to rotate with little effort, and the latch should retract more or less flush with the plate.

alignment does depend on the weather/humid and sometimes the door needs to be pushed a bit to get closed.

is there a timeout? i.e. in case the door is closed (say latch is not exactly “in”) and then pushed in a second to make it in

With deadbolts the extension of the bolt into the frame is the first thing to look at but with levers the latch extension is not likely the issue.

A mechanical failure or failure to lock/unlock report like what we see in history would be likely due to the internal locking mechanism. The latch is not motorized like a deadbolt. Swelling from temperature changes can cause the internal latch pull to stick/catch. If the handle needs more than really light pressure to turn that can be a sign of overtightened parts or a misalignment.

Either way, there is no programmable period to ignore locking issues, those troubles are based on hard-coded thresholds.

k, will need to monitor and see of I catch a pattern
since, while it does require a slight push on a door (not lock specific, but the door behaves differently in different weather), I always see the latch closing fully