Yale Zwave lock always listed as "device malfunction"

I just purchased a Qolsys IQ2 Panel and also have a new Yale zwave deadbolt. I successfully paired the two and the lock functions without issue. However, in the alarm.com app, it always shows that there is a device issue and “Malfunction (Side Door)” shows up. I don’t see indicators of an issue on the panel though and the lock functions completely normally. Today I removed an re-added the lock, but the issue did not go away. Any thoughts??

A couple things to verify in general for Z-wave door locks:

Did you learn the lock in within a few feet of the controller?
Have you run a network rediscovery after adding the lock and placing the devices in their permanent location?

Both of these are necessary to ensure proper functionality.

What model of deadbolt are you using? You may want to update the firmware on the panel to 2.1.1 for the latest compatibility updates.

Updates on the IQ Panel 2 can be applied easily over wifi:

1- Swipe down from the top of the screen and touch “Settings”
2- Touch “Advanced Settings”
3- Enter a valid installer code (default is 1111)
4- Touch “Upgrade Software”
5 -Touch “Patch Tag” and enter the patch iqpanel2.1.1 then touch OK
6- Touch “Upgrade Using Network” (panel must be connected to Wi-Fi). Update will download and install
7- Once complete touch “OK” to reboot the panel. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. The update process will
take approximately 5 minutes. After the panel reboots the home screen will appear and the LED will turn green.

I will try these steps and report back. The lock is the Yale Assure Lock SL (YRD256ZW20BP) Z-Wave Plus.

I was able to rediscover the zwave network. The panel and this lock are always right next to each other. The software update failed with error code 102. I went into history and see that it also failed the auto update on 6/28. Network connection for WiFi was tested and passed with 433Mbps.

Any suggestions?

The software update failed with error code 102. I went into history and see that it also failed the auto update on 6/28

I’m not certain off the top of my head what that error code indicates, but you should be able to update to 2.1.1 from your current version according to docs.

I’ll confirm with Qolsys if that error code indicates anything specific to remedy and report back here.

You might try an intervening version just to test, like 2.1.0.

Error 102 actually means no active Internet connection.

Try rebooting the panel then toggling the Wifi Off/On. Run a Panel Test > Internet test to see that passes. Then attempt the update again.