Yale Real Living Configuration

Yale Real Life Configuration
Ryan, Is there a step by step outline of getting the Yale Real Life Deadbolt Locks configured on the panel and controlling them via Alarm.com empower program? Thank you.

Not that I’m aware of. It’s in the queue of tutorials to make but hasn’t been done yet. Here’s a quick outline you can use until then.

1. Make sure you've installed the z-wave radio module in the Yale lock. Out of the box the lock doesn't have the z-wave module installed. You just have to plug it in. You'd be amazed how often people don't plug in the z-wave radio and wonder why it won't communicate.
  2. If this is the first time you've powered on the Yale lock you'll have to set it's master code. If you bought the lock from suretyDIY then we've already done that for you, the Yale master code will be the same as your 2GIG installer code.
  3. Bring the lock within 10ft of the 2GIG panel. If the lock is already installed in a door it might be easier to bring the 2GIG panel to the lock instead. I have seen locks successfully added at further distances but you have a higher change of success if you do it when they're close together.
  4. Put the 2GIG panel in z-wave "add devices" mode. services -> z-Wave -> toolbox (the wrench) -> add devices.
  5. Enroll the Yale lock by entering the Yale master code, #, 7, #, 1, #. This is the Yale lock master code you created when you first powered on the lock, not your 2GIG master code. If you bought the lock from suretyDIY the Yale master code will be the same as your 2GIG installer code.
  6. Wait until the 2GIG panel says the lock has been added. You'll know it has if you can go to services -> z-Wave -> door locks and you see it there.
  7. If the previous step worked then skip this step. If the previous step didn't work then the lock may have already been added to another z-wave network and you will have to remove it before you can add it to this z-wave network. On the 2GIG panel do services -> z-Wave -> toolbox (the wrench) -> remove devices. On the Yale lock do master code, #, 7, #, 3, #. Now repeat steps 4-6 again to add the lock to this z-wave network.
  8. Go ahead and physically install the lock in the door and put the 2GIG panel back in it's permanent location. Then run a 2GIG z-wave network rediscovery. services -> z-Wave -> toolbox (the wrench) -> advanced toolbox -> rediscover network.
  9. Wait until you see the lock show up on your Alarm.com account. You might be able to speed that up by running a cell phone test from the 2GIG panel. When it does show up on Alarm.com, change the device name on Alarm.com to something meaningful. emPower -> Devices, change the Device Name and Save.

That’s it. Now you can set lock codes through Alam.com, create rules and notifications for the lock and lock/unlock it from Alarm.com.

Ryan can you help me whit the step number seven I jus change home and I am using th same 2gig panel but I didn’t remove my devices until I change home.

Now Yale don’t let me enroll #7 and #1 and also remove #7 and #3

Can you help me

Thank you in advance

Emilio

Now Yale don’t let me enroll #7 and #1 and also remove #7 and #3

To clarify, you cannot perform the functions on the lock itself? Or the panel is not registering the device when trying to remove/add?

If the lock itself is not giving you the programming options under #7, that means it does not register that a Z-wave module is installed. Do you have the Z-wave module plugged in? It plugs in above the battery tray.

Neither, the lock give me #7 option because the swab module is installed i i take it away the #7 is not available.

The problem i that the lock don’t show mw the option #7-#1 to join the network and only the option #7-# to remove but nothing happens.

The panel don’t let me add the lock

Thank you

If the lock itself does not show 1 as an option, but does show 3, that means it currently has a network saved. Z-wave devices must be cleared of their network link prior to adding as they can only be connected to one network at a time.

You can do this from any controller. On the 2GIG panel press services -> z-Wave -> toolbox (the wrench) -> remove devices. Then on the Yale lock do master code, #, 7, #, 3, #.

Thank you very much I just removed from the past network.

Another question I need to remove the other devices as light switch, siren, outlet from the old network or only the Yale lock?

Thank you in advance

Another question I need to remove the other devices as light switch, siren, outlet from the old network or only the Yale lock?

All Z-wave devices link to a parent network and cannot be added to another network before this first is cleared. You would need to use “Remove Devices” for any Z-wave device (lights, thermostats, locks, z-wave sirens, switchable receptacles, etc) before re-adding.