Yale Locks out of synchronization

Hi Jason,
I tried the suggested steps :
-re-added the many other z wave devices via smart things controller,
-as well as as deleting and re-adding the one lock, the lock is currently 2 ft from controller
-re-discovery
No Luck so far I’m still seeing the lock is out of sync……super weird as this property previously had 4 locks running with no issues and just recently experiencing the sync issues?
let me know thoughts

re-added the many other z wave devices via smart things controller

This may be relevant. Have any codes been managed through the ST controller?

Regardless I think a factory reset of that lock is required as a next step. This will clear all codes and let you start over with that lock. Then perform one more Clear, then Add Device attempt on that device. Any change?

Hello
No device management setup through ST
So I deleted lock and cleared lock to factory reset it, and then re-added it back to system, not changing the locks, master admin code, or changing anything, so left it with 1234. The alarm system added it and control it, but I am still receiving the locks sync error

I would eliminate the ST controller from the equation if you haven’t already. Try just directly adding the lock to the panel without the ST controller connected in any way. Any difference?

hello, i removed the ST controller as requested, removed the lock from the panel, factory reset the lock and then re-added to panel. I’m still seeing the out of synchronization error appear for users. Any additional ideas?

I am seeing the Mudroom Lock having been removed, but one labeled Garage Door being on the system now showing sync error.

Did you move the lock position or is this a different lock?

I would try the newest firmware (you have one version back from newest) and a panel reboot to be sure this isn’t an issue on the panel software:

Hello, thanks for additional steps
I updated the panel firmware as requested
and did a panel reboot
The current lock added is the same lock and location that was labeled Mudroom, I just hit a preselected name when adding lock back this time
The lock is still throwing the sync error?

It looks like that sync error is not currently showing. Can you confirm? Do those codes work at the lock?

Hello
I checked twice today,
first check on alarm app it showed locks were synchronizing and at that time both codes worked on lock

Second check the alarm app says the lock is out of synchronization and when checking codes one of the two codes does not work (Tracy)

So one of the codes worked at the lock for a time, then failed later?

I’m starting to think there is just an incompatibility going on. What is the exact model of that lock? Can you provide a photo of the label on the Z-wave module that is installed in that lock? The Yale ones are removable and above the battery compartment.

That’s correct on codes, both worked when it said syncing but after showing sync error only one remained working

Locks using are Yale YRD216 with the newer green zwave chips see attached pic of the one currently in that lock

I have other locks & chips if need to troubleshoot something specific

Do those other locks run into the same issue if added? And if not, do they have any different versions on their labels?

Originally I had 4 of these locks running, all are same Yale model, and all have same series Z wave chip with same versions, all locks seemed to work ok, then sometime later started noticing the sync error in the app. Honestly can’t remember if at that time when it was showing all locks sync error that I actually tried each code on them….let me know thoughts and if would want the additional locks re-added to system let me know
Thanks

Yes, let’s add all the locks, send the codes to all of them, and identify which are successful.

Hello
I added all other locks and even had them all set near panel during sync, I tried sync a few times and each time one will show out of synchro
it’s currently showing “front door” out of synchro
But when testing codes all locks are working codes Except the “driveway” door this lock currently neither code works on unit

I am wondering if we are dealing with two separate issues. I believe the out of synchronization message has always listed the first lock in Node order. I’m curious if the issue is actually occurring on the Driveway as you say but ADC’s error message is pulling the wrong device name.

Otherwise this behavior does not make any sense. I am forwarding the details to Alarm.com and discussing it with them.

Can you confirm that right now the Driveway is still the only lock with codes not working at the lock?

Hello, just tested all locks and yes currentley the “driveway” lock has only one of the two codes working on it. all other locks currently work with two codes….

Hello, just checking back in to see if you received any additional information in this issue?

I’ve not received a follow up yet from ADC. I was told they are testing the reported behavior. I will follow up with them to see if there is any update.