Yale Deadbolt Silence Chimes?

Just a sanity check to make sure I’m not missing something. According to the manual for the pushbutton deadbolt, after entering the installer code, 4# enters the audio menu and 3# enters silent mode. As far as I can tell, this only silences the keypad beeps but not the chimes the lock makes when being unlocked or locked (by keypad or remote). Is there a way to disable the chimes as well?

Interesting, we’ll have to check this out. On the touchscreen version these steps achieve silence for both button and locking chimes.

It gets stranger too. At one point while i was trying to use 5# for the command (it’s 4 on the push button) I’ve done something that changed the chimes. Locking used to be a simple 3 note thing. Now it plays a vdritable song. Thinking i might need to reset it at this rate.

Which model in particular is it? They should all have the same operating procedures but it might help to narrow it down.

Now it plays a vdritable song.

Would you be able to record what you are seeing/hearing? It would be helpful to show the manufacturer the exact reaction in this case.