Yale Assure Lock 2 (YRD430)

I was looking into buying the Yale Assure Lock 2 (YRD430) and I see it’s a compatible resource on the Alarm.com website but didn’t know which version is compatible…from the Yale website I only see Bluetooth and a Wi-Fi option, would any of those work?

Bluetooth and Wifi models of those Yale locks are not compatible. The Z-wave models (those with a Yale Z-wave module) are compatible.

1 Like

I am also looking to buy this lock but according to the press release the zwave version of this lock will be out later… But does not specify when.

Is the Nest version of this lock compatible?

Is the Nest version of this lock compatible?

I think you mean the Nest x Yale lock?

That is a wifi lock. Bluetooth and Wifi models of Yale locks are not compatible.

The Z-wave models (those with a Yale Z-wave module) are compatible. It would need to be a Z-wave model.

See this page for a list of compatible locks.

If you want a wifi lock, the Schlage Encode is a compatible option.

Was told by Yale that the Zwave version of this lock has still not been released…
I picked up this on Amazon… It is not on the Alarm.com list but i figured i’ll try it…
https://amzn.to/3D7GCe8

I’ll report back and let everyone know if it works…

The z-wave plus version of this lock was released this week.

It can be purchased in the official Yale store here: Z-Wave Door Locks for your Smart Home | Yale Home

1 Like

Has anyone purchase the Z-Wave version of the Yale Assure Lock 2 ?

Any impressions of the lock?

I have it. The hardware is fantastic and it works as expected. My only gripe is that the Alarm.com app is clunky. Once the lock is connected to Alarm.com, you have the option of managing user codes through either Alarm.com or through the Yale Access app. You can’t use both, and you’ll need to use Yale Access to configure “advanced” lock settings no matter which app you use to manage users.

If you manage codes via Alarm.com, you can set user codes from anywhere using the Alarm.com app. If you manage codes through the Yale app, you need to be physically close to the lock when you make changes. (This is done over Bluetooth.) You can still lock/unlock via the Alarm.com app and can grant that privilege to other users, but you’ll need to use the Yale Access app to give them a dedicated PIN.

If you manage codes via Alarm.com, you can also still use Yale Access to grant Bluetooth keys to other people. That is, they’ll be able to control the lock while standing next to it from their Yale Access app. You won’t be able to give them a lock PIN through Yale Access and you’ll need to set up access via Bluetooth—which means standing next to the lock.

I bought this lock so that I can easily grant access to my alarm and lock to dog walkers, etc., from a single app, with them being able to enter both through a single app and with a PIN as a fallback in case there’s an issue with Z-Wave / Alarm.com. This means that I’m managing user codes through Alarm.com.

There’s nothing wrong with the app, per se—it does what it’s supposed to—it’s just that granting access (and accepting access) is confusing, requires a lot of clicks, and just feels old and clunky.

Thank you for the great reply @elahd !

I’m curious, what is the difference between a “user code” and a “dedicated PIN”?

Does this also relate to the alarm disable code?

Thanks!

I used the term interchangeably. Each user gets their own PIN for use on any PIN-enabled device (alarms, locks, etc.). You pick whether that user has access to your alarm, lock, or both. They then use that single PIN on all devices to which they have access.

The settings are In the app: from the main menu, go to the Users page. Open a user for editing. From that page, you’ll be able to give individual users access to the lock.

Thanks for the example.

One question: if the code is set for a user, when the user types that in at the door keypad to unlock the door, does it automatically disable the alarm too? Or after entry, do you still have to disable the alarm with a code?

Or, are you using the alarm.com app and some form of automation to have one action trigger another action?

Thank you!

You need to enter the PIN on both the lock and the alarm. You may be able to use an automation but that seems like a security risk.

if the code is set for a user, when the user types that in at the door keypad to unlock the door, does it automatically disable the alarm too?

You can automate this using rules in Alarm.com to disarm when a valid user code unlocks the door.