Would a Xmas tree in front of the panel cause sensors to malfunction

Recently just put up the Xmas tree (I know it’s early but it just got delivered and yeah, you get the point) and I just tossed it in front of the panel for the time being. At the same time, I have one sensor that starting “malfunctioning”. It’s probably my furthest sensor and is my only door sensor in the basement. Would the Xmas tree in front of the panel cause this?

Any material blocking the panel can cause attenuation. Metal is more likely to have a noticeable impact. If it is a synthetic tree with metal frame yes it is likely a contributing factor.

General offline troubleshooting steps are found below. If you notice new offline issues right after adding the tree I would move the tree a bit, but you may also want to replace batteries in the offline sensors.

Thanks Jason. I only installed these sensors about 3-4 months ago, the batteries could be going bad already? I will also try moving the tree to see if that fixes anything. The basement fixed itself automatically but I now just go a CO sensor malfunction before I came to check if this thread

It is unlikely to be related to batteries if they are less than a year old. The addition of the tree is likely to be causing the issue if multiple zones are reporting sudden offline status.