DCIN +
DCIN -
EXT1 - ***
EXT1 + ***
EXT2 - ***
EXT2 + ***
BUZZER -
BUZZER +
My question is in reference to the EXT 1 and EXT 2, being that these are electrical connections, what can I use them for? can I connect an additional siren? base on the specs of 6-12V and maximum 120 milliamps. Any suggestions advice. Thanks in advance.

Iq-panel-picture.jpg

Warning: The terminal block that is mounted inside the Product has 8 connectors for wires. Only the DC power input connections are currently in use (labeled DCIN + and DCIN -). The other connectors are for future usage. There are two additional connectors for the first external sensor (labeled EXT1 + and EXT1 -), two additional connectors for the second external sensor (labeled EXT2 + and EXT2 -), and finally, two additional connectors for an external siren (labeled BUZZER + and BUZZER -).

Found my own answer thereafter.
Now, Can I install a Siren driver to support a siren/horn with a strobe tight? and also have buzzer installed?

That’s actually not true at all. All of the ports are ready to be used right now. The “buzzer” port is used for an external siren up to 120 milliamps. The other two are hardwire inputs, for hardwire door sensors, motion sensors, etc.

Thanks for your reply. I have this information from the “User Manual”, legal section, sub part K. “QOLSYS CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY PAGE 29 OF 30 © Last updated 6/3/14 All rights reserved”.

But my question again, from the terminals, EXT1 and EXT2, Can use them to install an additional buzzer according to the panel’s specifications? In other words, have 2 buzzers working and connected to the panel? Thanks once again.

But my question again, from the terminals, EXT1 and EXT2, Can use them to install an additional buzzer according to the panel’s specifications? In other words, have 2 buzzers working and connected to the panel? Thanks once again.

No. These ports are detection circuits used for external wired sensors.

The Buzzer ± is used for an external siren.

SuretyDIY is correct, the hardwire inputs simply do not have enough power to drive an exterior siren. They are meant for lower voltage sensors.