Wiring acd-t3000

Hello I am new to this site so please work with me I just installed 4 new acd-t3000 thermostats 2 I put on the furnace work fine the other two I have on pellet stoves they are 2 wire stoves no power on the leads. Any help with the setting for them to work I have my wires on RH and W as they were on the old system ??

So the stove provides no power across R wire? Does it just look for dry contact closure to operate?

To best assist, where are you getting stuck in the process for the stoves? Are you having trouble with the automatic wire detection? You can manually assign the wiring setup in the thermostat settings and run the thermostat on battery.

If the automatic wire detection feature is not correctly identifying the wires, please proceed to bypass the automatic wire detection.

1. On the wiring detection screen, select NO . The thermostat will display Check Wiring and Reinstall.
  2. Select BYPASS and continue through the remaining prompts to manually configure the thermostat. Choose Rh and W

Ok I can get it to send a quick signal it tries to control it then seems to drop out but the fan will run with no heat ???

Thanks,

Vinnie

Do I need to change any other setting like to a heat pump or anything if you could tell me what setting you would put everything to and I’ll try it be doing it for days it’s kinda like the thermostat don’t stay engaged when it cycles on.

Thanks,

Vinnie

No, you should not be using Heat Pump setting.

What is the model number of the thermostat you are replacing? Is it a millivolt thermostat?

I’m sorry was not right with it is a Centralite Thermostat model 3156105

Thanks,

Vinnie

I heard back from Alarm.com on this. According to ADC the T3000 is not expected to function properly on a millivolt system, which is what it sounds like you are using.

If your system is not operating off of 24VAC, the T3000 is not likely to successfully control it.

Other Z-wave options exist which are confirmed for millivolt system usage. An example is the TBZ48D.

Ok thanks a lot

Thanks,

Vinnie