Wireless repeaters

I have a wireless repeater for my 2gig GC 2. If I upgrade to an encrypted system (qlysos or 2gig) will it still work?

My repeater is from resolution products when they first came out

To clarify, the panel supporting encryption doesn’t mean that unencrypted sensors will be encrypted. The sensors themselves must utilize encryption.

A standard 345 Mhz repeater will still work for your existing unencrypted 345 Mhz sensors on one of the new panels, but new encrypted sensors would not work with it.

The 345 Mhz IQ Panel 2+ does not work with encrypted 345 sensors. For encrypted sensors, use PowerG.

Thanks Jason,

I am a little confused.

I want to upgrade my GC2 to a panel that has encryption. I want to use my existing sensors and slowly replace them with encrypted sensors with the goal of having the signals encrypted. I want to do this gradually and over time…

I’m also using a signal repeater. I will need to continue to use a signal repeater.

Is there a solution where I can have encrypted signals and use the repeater to extend the signals of those encrypted signals.

What would I buy for this application?

Or are you saying that there are not signal repeaters no not work with encrypted signals and this is a downside to encrypted systems.

Is there a solution where I can have encrypted signals and use the repeater to extend the signals of those encrypted signals.\

The wireless repeater you have does not repeat encrypted signals. There would be no way to make it do so, but you could add an encrypted repeater.

2GIG has a 2GIG-RTPR1e-345 which is an e-series version of the repeater. That could be used if you go the 2GIG route, but I wouldn’t recommend that route at this time, at least until the verdict is out on the new Edge panel which 2GIG seems to have sunk 100% of their focus into.

I would recommend the IQ Panel 2+ 345 Mhz version and simply replacing sensors slowly with PowerG.

A 2GIG repeater at best can only roughly double the range of a sensor. PowerG effective range is about 4 times that of 2GIG Sensors. If necessary there is a PowerG repeater as well, but it is usually not necessary.

Could I buy a IQ 2+ 345 and use my existing unencrypted repeater and also an encrypted repeater and use a mix of encrypted and unencrypted sensors?

Could I buy a IQ 2+ 345 and use my existing unencrypted repeater

Yes. Existing unencrypted 2GIG sensors and the repeater will work.

and also an encrypted repeater

Not a 2GIG one. If necessary, a PowerG repeater is available. It probably won’t be necessary.

and use a mix of encrypted and unencrypted sensors?

Yes, but not 2GIG E-Series. They are not compatible. Use PowerG.

PowerG sensors are encrypted, frequency hopping, spread spectrum RF. They have 4 times the effective range and would be the best option.