Wired Sensor With DW10 Questions

I’m embarking on a sort of non-standard project, the details of which aren’t important yet, but I have a couple questions:

• The 2GIG DW10 supports a wired sensor by connecting a wire to the J1 plug. Where do I get this weird little J1 plug?
  • For a wired sensor, can the DW10 be set to activate when a switch is closed as opposed to when a switch is opened? That is, when I complete the circuit on the two lead wires the sensor is triggered?

Thanks,
Ben

The 2GIG DW10 supports a wired sensor by connecting a wire to the J1 plug. Where do I get this weird little J1 plug?
DW10 comes with (1) two-pin connector with a 12” flying 2-wire lead
For a wired sensor, can the DW10 be set to activate when a switch is closed as opposed to when a switch is opened?
I do not think a DW10 can be programmed as NO.

Hardwire loops on the other hand, can be programmed as NO or as NC

Thanks Rive.

DW10 comes with (1) two-pin connector with a 12” flying 2-wire lead

Darn, I was afraid of that, now I have to go find it.

I do not think a DW10 can be programmed as NO. Hardwire loops on the other hand, can be programmed as NO or as NC

Are you saying that the DW10 can be NO if using the hardwire loop? How would I accomplish this?

The DW10 is a wireless sensor. You would wire your device’s NO ouput directly into one of the 2GIG panel’s wired sensor inputs and program that wired sensor as NO. Then when it closes the contact the sensor would be considered active.

Got it - thanks. I will try a different tact and start a new thread.

I should have mentioned that Honeywell makes a wireless transmitter with a normally open input. The Honeywell 5817. I’ve never needed one but I hear good things about them.

http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsc/products/intruder-detection-systems/wireless/door-window-sensor/21236.html