Wired Honeywell sensors with 2GIG

I have a question about the 2gig go setup using hardwired door sensors. Can wired sensors work with the system through a centralized control panel separate from the 2gig go display units? I have prewired Honeywell sensors and want to know will the system work with wires? It seems that everything is going wireless. I don’t like that because burglars now know how to use jamming techniques for the rf signals. What are my options?

Can wired sensors work with the system through a centralized control panel separate from the 2gig go display units?

No. secondary controllers not supported for security sensors, and I do not think the 2GIG panel can be slaved to another (be secondary to another primary panel for security sensors)

Use a 2GIG-TAKE (takeover module) to takeover the wired sensor zones (this will though, convert them to wireless), the panel also supports two direct wired zones. So, you can wire two sensors to panel.

Can I use more than one TAKE? I have more than 8 sensors.

Yes.

As stated above the Go! Control panel will only support 2 hardwired zones. The Takeover Module turns your hardwired sensors into a wireless signal for each wired zone. If desired, you can wire some sensors in series to create two zones (perhaps entry points and motion detectors) you could wire to the 2gig panel. This would give the added complexity of wireless and wired zones along with wired supervision of the system by way of motions.

I am a newbie at this so can you kinda lead me in the right direction of how I would do that? Is there a control panel that I put these TAKE devices on and then communicates with the 2 2GIG Go panels I want to install? Any specific details would be great.

by zones, I can group all of my access doors on 1 zone. Will the system still be able to distinguish if for instance, the back door is open or the garage door?

You wire the sensors eight per take, it can be powered by existing panel supply or by battery.

You then program the take module(s) to the 2GIG GoControl panel.

If you wire any sensors in series, they would only be distinguished as a single zone name.

by zones, I can group all of my access doors on 1 zone. Will the system still be able to distinguish if for instance, the back door is open or the garage door?

No

well that sucks then - why did they make that limitation on the go-take - it has 8 connections. Logic would only lead me to believe there is a way to make each wired connection a zone. Is there something else that can go in between the control panel and the take to segregate the connections on the TAKE to a separate zone?

Why did they make that limitation on the go-take - it has 8 connections. Logic would only lead me to believe there is a way to make each wired connection a zone.

You are not limited to one take. Use as many as you need. For example, if you have 24 wired zones, use three takes. Now your 24 wired sensors are 24 wireless sensors.

I don’t think you can use the take for life safety devices though (smokes, CO, etc) so for these (smokes), you may want to use a firefighter module.

jason says that the go panel can only distinguish 2 wired zones which really makes the take useless for segregating each wired connection into a separate zone. The system needs to be able to tell specifically what door is open - I have 7 doors to my house. If all doors are on 1 zone and I cannot arm it when one of them is open, then I will have to go to all doors ti figure it out.

The system needs to be able to tell specifically what door is open - I have 7 doors to my house. If all doors are on 1 zone...
The obvious solution is to NOT hard wire them as a single zone then.
jason says that the go panel can only distinguish 2 wired zones which really makes the take useless for segregating each wired connection into a separate zone.

Incorrect. You are confused. The panel supports 48 wireless zones, and two hard wired zones…if you run multiple sensors off a single hardwired zone in series (e.g., back, front, side doors), you cannot distinguish which door activated…because the zone is the same for all.

The take is different. Each take converts 8 wired zones to 8 wireless zones (of which the panel supports 48).

So…if you took those same doors (back, front, side), and ran them through the Take, the panel will now see them as three separate wireless sensors/zones, and will be able to distinguish between them.

Finally - that is what I was looking for - I was confused but you cleared it all up for me. What is the typical setup if i have 2 TAKE in a closet - - What would i need to
a. connect to cell
b. connect to fire sensor ( I only ask because you mentioned firefighter)
c. connect to wired camera
d. connect to backup battery
e. to protect against burglar panel smashing to disarm system

Planning the system to have the following
2 control panels
7 door sensors (wired)
3 motions
2 MyQ Liftmaster Garage doors sensor/openers
2 Fire sensors
1 carbon monoxide
2 zwave Thermostats
3 zwave light modules

thanks again for any input you can provide.

a. connect to cell b. connect to fire sensor ( I only ask because you mentioned firefighter) c. connect to wired camera d. connect to backup battery e. to protect against burglar panel smashing to disarm system

a. Obtain cell module with GoControl panel
b. Firefighter see( http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/182-Encore-Firefighter-module-install-programming)
c.depends. may not be compatible with ADC
d.take uses existing battery in can/or separate battery.
e.GoControl protected from crash and smash (will add link for info)

Planning the system to have the following 2 control panels 7 door sensors (wired) 3 motions 2 MyQ Liftmaster Garage doors sensor/openers 2 Fire sensors 1 carbon monoxide 2 zwave Thermostats

Use 1 gocontrol panel, use TS1 as secondary (panel supports up to 4)

GoControl Crash and smash and panel installation:
http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/crash-and-smash-alarm-time/#post-14327

Apologies for the confusion. I was referring specifically to the 2 wired inputs on the 2gig panel itself.