what is partition used for in IQPanel2 and how to add new partition

hi i’m new in using the great IQpanel2 qolsys system and have some question
what does partition option mean i read that after last update we can make 4 partitions in which case we need make partition and how to add new partition

i enable the feature from dealer account and got & partition menu but i don’t know how to add new partition and how to use the 4 partition in same time

sorry i couldn’t found it in the manual so please help me thx.

Partitions are like sections of the alarm system. As of 2.3.0 for the IQP2, up to 4 partitions can be created. This allows you to assign various zones to each partition. This allows you to arm part or all of your system as you see fit. For example if you were to arm partition 1, the zones assigned to partition 2 would not be affected.

User codes can also be set to control specific partitions as well.

Partitions are enabled through Installer Settings locally. This can be done from Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Installation -> Installer Settings then click the box to enable partitions.

Initially, all sensors learned into the panel will be assigned to partition 1. You will need to navigate to the sensor programming page for each sensor and assign the sensor to the desired partition. Once you save the settings, you can verify that a new partition has been created via the Partitions page located in the Advanced Settings page.

Partition access can then be assigned on a per user basis through the Users page at the panel. Keep in mind, if using a Duress User, a new duress user will be automatically generated whenever you create a new partition. This duress user will have a unique code as well.