What are the outstanding GC3 missing or not functioning issues

Can someone please update me on what is currently not supported on the GC3 that is supported GC2? I know the sub panels will not be available until Jan 2017. Anything else? Wifi? All z-wave devices? Linear Garage Door opener support?, Thermostats? Any door lock compatibilty issues that are different than GC2?

People always say not to buy an initial product right away and I am trying to determine when I should upgrade to a GC3

There have not been any firmware releases for the GC3 yet, we’ll likely see one in the next few months, but there is no hard ETA.

• Schlage and Yale not fully compatible
  • ADC-T2000 and RTS not fully compatible
  • Wifi not enabled
  • Linear Z-wave Garage door control through ADC not fully compatible
  • Two way voice quality concerns

We are expecting most, if not all, of these concerns addressed in some manner by the first firmware drop.

2GIG rep said firmware in Sept. We’ll see.

People always say not to buy an initial product right away and I am trying to determine when I should upgrade to a GC3

Usually I wait 1yr after new product release, but in this case, I plan to wait 1yr from the point that all the basic features are rendered functional (after the first firmware drop that enables WiFi/partitioning (USB cameras?), and release of fully functional secondary panel). This gives time for working out all kinks/bugs.

Chances are good that there will then be hardware revisions as well within that time. Which require panel replacement.

There is a price you pay for being an early adopter… you get the newest gear, but you basically pay for the privilege of being a ‘gamma’ tester… your equipment won’t work properly, and your gear will be obsolete by the time it does (hardware revisions).