What are the Benefits of 2-way voice?

What is Two Way Voice and what benefits do I get if i sign up for it? What about drawbacks?

Thanks!

Would be glad to help.

Essentially, 2-Way Voice is a communication method with 24/7 Monitoring Operators through the alarm panel. The panel makes a 2-way voice call request upon alarm activation and operators communicate through it first. A 2-way call can be initiated faster than calling the location number which can potentially make for a quicker resolution.

There are some drawbacks to 2-way Voice. Typically, most people have a cell phone on or near their person so a communication method that forces the user to be at/near the panel when a 2-way call comes through can seem counter intuitive. If a 2-way call is not heard, the Operator will move on to the next step of the monitoring procedure which can prolong a resolution to the alarm event. Additionally, 2-way voice calls are not always as clear as cell phone or landline calls can be, which can lead to delays in procedure or miscommunication, although it isn’t common.

2-way voice is, arguably, best utilized as the first form of contact when the residence is going to be occupied throughout the day. If your panel is kept off the main floor or away from potential entry points, it may not be as beneficial and more often than not may just cause delays.

Keep in mind, 2-way voice is only available to customers who have Gold Interactive with Central Station Monitoring and a compatible panel.

I thought 2-way voice might be useful in this scenario if you have the 2gig panic button:

Panic button: 2GIG Panic/Medical Emergency Button Remote | Surety

Yes, the 2GIG Panic Button can be programmed as a medical alert. If used in this way, panel location will be extremely important as only the primary panel serves as a Two-Way speaker and mic. However, this does not impact the usefulness of the panic button.