Weird sensor behavior

Hi,

Can I ask a follow up question to the quote below?

Currently, the sensors are set to S-Line. Am I able to change those to a regular 319.5mhz if I wanted to use a repeater?

Yes, S-line sensors transmit in standard 319.5 as well and the panel can be programed to listen to that instead of S-line by modifying the Source setting for each zone.

Thank you, Jason.

This may be a dumb question but what does it mean when the signal is unencrypted in this system? What are the consequences? For example, does that mean someone can be nearby and use a device and software to send signal to the panel and/or sensors to manipulate it?

Encrypted sensors send status transmissions to the panel which the panel must decrypt the message to access the data. Any device listening to the 319.5Mhz band must know the encryption key first before the data is readable.

Unencrypted signals can be read by devices without a key.

For example, does that mean someone can be nearby and use a device and software to send signal to the panel and/or sensors to manipulate it?

On an unencrypted zone technically yes, you could spoof a sensor and make the panel think it is open when not, for example.