Weather Alerts

Some crazy weather here in Austin, TX this past weekend. I get plenty of alerts though from my phone, tv, etc. The alarm kept me up all night with tornado warnings, etc. Can those be turned off?

Severe weather alerts can be disabled if you do not want to use them. Please send an email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com if you would like to request them to be removed.

Isn’t there a Question that turns off alerts and troubles from like 9pm to 9am? I thought I saw one.

Isn’t there a Question that turns off alerts and troubles from like 9pm to 9am? I thought I saw one.

Yes. Q46. But that is for panel trouble events.

Keep in mind though, that if you installed smokes, UL985 and NFPA 70 and NFPA 72 requires system to be able to sound at all times Q46(0), and if you disable it (between 9pm to 9am for example), your system will no longer be fire or electrical code compliant. Your homeowners insurance company may not be happy about that… (If your panel should encounter a communication failure or multiple smoke zone fault/malfunction around say 11pm, and it’s ability to sound the trouble alert is disabled because Q46 is set to “1”, and then you have a fire at say 3am while asleep, and everyone is overcome with smoke and unable to wake, then you and everyone else in your home are SOL and you will probably all die).

http://ulstandards.ul.com/standard/?id=985

Ahh…well don’t do that then. :slight_smile:

I wish the screen would show a floating clock or something useful instead of being blank. That way burn-in wouldn’t be a factor and the screen could become more useful.

I like the Qolsys solution of having the screen able to time-out to a photo slideshow. Looking forward to seeing what the GC3 options are.