Wall Switch (Z-waze or Wifi?)

I want to control my fireplace-switch with my phone, which is better between a Z-wave or Wifi switch to integrate into my alarm.com app?
Thanks!

No Wifi light switches would be compatible. You would want to use Z-wave.

Does the fireplace use 120 line voltage? Is it a low voltage switch?

1. I believe its a 120 line voltage but will verify.
  2. If i use z-wave light switch, i still should be able to operate in remotely (miles away) thru alarm.com since the alarm.com app can be accesses via wifi and then send sends command to wall switch via z-waze…right?
If i use z-wave light switch, i still should be able to operate in remotely (miles away) thru alarm.com since the alarm.com app can be accesses via wifi and then send sends command to wall switch via z-waze….right?

Yes, the alarm panel controls Z-wave switches. Alarm.com commands are sent to the panel over cellular (and internet, if you have dual path) to control the switch. You can send the commands from the app from anywhere.

Note for remote automation Gold Interactive is required. You can view included features here.

I also have been interested in operating my Heatilator gas log fireplace with Z-wave. It is low voltage that is currently operated by a regular toggle type light switch. Can you give me some direction on what type of switch to use that would make this possible either in or out of my alarm.com app

In general, I should say I do not recommend automating a fireplace or controlling one from off-location. There are very serious safety concerns.

Automation may be best limited to a safety shut-off option, with the manual switch still determining whether the fireplace turns on.

For low voltage automation, the best Z-wave compatible option is likely the Mimolite. You would just run one power conductor through the relay to the switch.

Jason I do understand your safety concerns and I do share them. The fireplace is located in a covered simi enclosed back porch/kitchen and I would like the ablity to start and stop the fireplace from the backdoor and add it to a All Off program. I have looked at the mimolite and it seems like a good option but I was looking for a paddle type switch that would operate normally with the addition of Z-wave. I have z-wave lights,doors,fans and garage door all paired to a Smart things hub and want to add my fireplace to a “all off” program. Do you have a Z-wave paddle type switch in mind?

Do you have a Z-wave paddle type switch in mind?

For a low voltage application, no. I am not aware of a low voltage Z-wave paddle/toggle switch.

What voltage is being switched to the fireplace controller?