Vivint takeover problem

The Vivint module is a GC3GA-V module (picture below). Rolling back to 1.9.6 didn’t do any good either. It was worth a shot, but it appears that the cell module just will not be seen in this Go control panel. I’ll try a new panel, but now just have to figure out if I need a new panel with the module already installed, or if the new cell module I already have is okay to try. I don’t want to fry a new panel if the new module I have is already bad too.

Yep. That’s what I figured.

Its a 2GIG Alarm.com 3G AT&T cell module (GC3GA), virtually identical to the one you got from SuretyCAM except for the fact it is preregistered/locked to Vivint

The panel running firmware 1.9.6, and even in firmware 1.13, should have been able to recognize it as installed. Neither do. Process of elimination.

Either the module is bad or the panel is bad is my conclusion. Since neither module works in panel, that would suggest either both modules are now bad, and/or the panel itself is bad.

By inserting the old vivint module into the damaged panel, you may have killed the old module too.

Since you dont know for sure which is bad, replace them both (panel and GC3GA module).

I would order both and return what you don’t need. Just remember not to damage the packaging. We won’t take it back as a return if the packaging is damaged.

It’s always possible that the 2GIG 1.13 firmware ignores Vivint modules since they split off and aren’t partners anymore. Just being thorough. Now that you’ve rolled back to 1.9 and it still didn’t show up it’s probably OK to assume the panel is damaged.

It’s always possible that the 2GIG 1.13 firmware ignores Vivint modules since they split off and aren’t partners anymore. Just being thorough

I know a few who have firmware updated their vivint panels above 1.9.6 to get new fixes and panel features. The 3G alarm.com module is unaffected in its operation, and is still recognized by the 2GIG panel.