Vivint in Canada

So with the newest firmware if I did not want central monitoring I could monitor myself with broadband? Send an email to myself or text message if alarm is triggered?

Not really. You would still have to get a basic remote interactive service to enable notifications.

With alarm.com that is $14/month, but you have to have cellular. Uplink allows just broadband service, but I don’t know their costs.

OK, so in Canada I would need to find an unlocked Rogers panel

Does your panel currently have a Rogers module in it? There is no “unlocked Rogers panel” Modules and panel are usually sold separately.

You can buy the Rogers module just about anywhere, and there are alot of alarm.com providers for the 2GIG system that also service Canada (dealers that sell the module, usually offer Canadian service).

Just gotta google it. Google “2GIG-GC3GR-A” average cost for the module is $180. You can buy a brand spanking new 2GIG panel for $150-$180 (suretydiy, newegg, ebay, etc)

The broadband module (2GIG-BRIDGE1) runs approx. $70

Ask yourself, what do you want to do with the panel, do you want monitoring or not, then go with the best option.