Video analytics and motion detection

Hello,

I have a Skybell slim doorbell camera and a Outdoor 722. When the doorbell camera detects motion, it notifies me via my iPhone within 2-3 seconds. However, when my outdoor camera recognizes motion,(via ANALYTICS or Video motion detection) it takes 2-3 MINUTES to notify me that the camera has recorded a clip where the camera detected motion. Not sure if this is normal behavior for the outdoor camera or if I do not have it set up correctly. It would be useful if when someone crossed a “trip wire” in my driveway that I would get notified within seconds like I do when the doorbell detects motion.

Thanks in advance.

The delay may vary but would be normal. The VMD notification for cameras is associated with recording rules and can only be generated after a recording is complete and processed, alerting you that a saved video clip is available (and optionally containing the clip). The recording is triggered by and begins around when the motion is activated.

Motion activated recordings from a doorbell including a clip would have a similar delay necessarily.

Gotcha. I just thought that the outdoor camera could alert me immediately when the motion was detected and I couldn’t view the live stream to see what’s going on. As I can do with my doorbell camera. Make sense?

Yes, I know what you mean. It would be a great addition to have a separate notification that could go out right when the cam first detected motion so you could check the live view.

I know ADC has put a lot of thought into the setup and streamlining the user experience, and there are potential confusion triggers with multiple notifications per event, but I think it would be a great option.

With Analytics being able to effectively filter false recordings it is much more viable as well. We’ll forward this to ADC as a feature request for you!

Thank you sir.