VDB770 questions

I installed the video doorbell. I can see the video through my app and it rings my physical chime box. When the button is pressed it sends me a push notification. My questions are:

-How do I get it to interface with the IQ4 panel? When the button is pressed, shouldn’t the video automatically pop up on the panel asking if I want to take the call or something? Do I need to add it to the panel separate from adding it to ADC? If so do I add it as a wifi device or z-wave?

-Same for my phone - I did a setting to answer the doorbell calls on my phone, but when I push the button all I get is the push notification, not a video call to pick up

-I thought the vdb770 didn’t actually even require the button to be pressed? Isn’t it supposed to send the alert and start the call automatically when someone comes up to it?

Happy to assist!

-How do I get it to interface with the IQ4 panel? When the button is pressed, shouldn’t the video automatically pop up on the panel asking if I want to take the call or something?

Live view is set up through ADC and the panel. The following guide will walk you through the process.

This guide below will show you how to create a button press notification. Once set up and the camera button pressed, the recipient will recieve a notficiation (Push, Text, Email) When Push is selected, clicking on the Push Notifation should open the call.

-I thought the vdb770 didn’t actually even require the button to be pressed? Isn’t it supposed to send the alert and start the call automatically when someone comes up to it?

The doorbell can call out without a button push via the Touchless Doorbell option when setting up the recording rules.

Make sure the Recording Rules have been set up and are toggled on. The below guide will show you where that is located. You can enable the Touchless Doorbell option when creating the rule.

So this let’s me see the video on the panel when I manually go to it and press play, but it doesn’t do any of the integration I assumed was the whole point of staying in the ADC ecosystem - when the doorbell is pressed, the panel should switch to incoming call mode, allow you to press accept and then get the video and audio, no?

Also on my phone, is there a way to distinguish the doorbell push notification from all the other push notifications (open/close door sensors, etc)? It should be more like an incoming call where I get buzzed more than once in a row.

when the doorbell is pressed, the panel should switch to incoming call mode, allow you to press accept and then get the video and audio, no?

You can answer calls placed from the doorbell on the panel.

In the bottom portion of the guide on setting up streaming to the panel, is a section on using a video doorbell to answer calls from the panel. It initially referred to the SkyBell but I have updated it to include the vdb770 as the steps on setting it up are identical.

Also on my phone, is there a way to distinguish the doorbell push notification from all the other push notifications (open/close door sensors, etc)? It should be more like an incoming call where I get buzzed more than once in a row.

The push notification will display information, but they will all have the same design etc. I am happy to pass this suggestion on to Alarm.com however.