V515 Camera Intermittent Connection Issues

Hey Surety Team,

I have a V515 on my account, currently named Front Yard, that is acting strange and I hope you can help. Currently I have a total of 5 cameras on my account, V515, 2 V724, VDB770, and V622. All of them are working great with both ADC clips and my SVR except for the V515. Even then the V515 works perfect on ADC clips and live streaming and on the SVR EXCEPT for when the IR light comes on or turns off. When this happens, the camera will function 100% as expected with ADC services like clips and live streaming, but it will freeze the live recording on the SVR until the SVR or camera is power-cycled. Note, the SVR never loses connection as that camera tile never says No Link, but instead the image just freezes at the time the IR kicked on or off and the timeline recording stops. It worked flawlessly when I had a totally seperate router for the cameras at my old place but now that i have migrated the system to my Ubiquiti Unifi system at my new place that one camera is having an issue. (I have disabled mesh options and am only broadcasting my Camera network ID from 1 AP) and like I said all other cameras are functioning flawlessly so it makes me think it is either a V515 firmware bug or an SVR firmware bug. Any Ideas? Also I am debating just migrating to Onboard 24/7 like alarm.com recommends for residential scenarios. Can you tell me what the max sd card size is and how long that should theoretically record at full 1080p and 10fps? Also is the thin slot on the back of my v622 an sd card slot as I didn’t see it listed in any alarm.com literature but that sure looks like an sd slot lol. Thanks in advance guys! You rock!

Ultimately separating the network with its own access point will be the best practice for the cameras. This avoids issues with router network optimization features, bandwidth, network key changes or other ongoing updates you might make.

The issue you are describing though sounds more like a local camera issue though. If it always and only occurs when the camera kicks on the IR nightvision, have you power cycled that camera?

How long is the power cable for that camera now?

Details on onboard SD card storage can be found in the link below:

The max SD card size is 512gb. The V622 does not support onboard storage at this time. The V515 and V724 do.

See guide below for estimated storage based on selected settings and SD card size.

Hey Jason yes I did try power cycling and factory resetting. I also upgraded the firmware since it had an update available. Its just the standard power cable that came with the camera

Hey @jwcsurety, it seems like the camera has an internal issue as I have tried with different power adapters that were known good and even re-did my entire setup to the way that it was working at my old place all the time. Any way to tell if the camera is still under warranty that way I could request an RMA replacement from alarm.com?

In general warranty must be handled through the vendor where the product was purchased. Only the vendor would be able to confirm what warranty agreement is in place.

Was the camera purchased from our store?

Hey Jason sorry for the late response was waiting on a new V523 to arrive as a replacement and it has been solid since being put in. You were right it was a camera internal issue! Thanks for the help!