Using V-PIR2-345 with 2GIG

Is it possible to use the Vivint PIR w/ Pet Immunity with the 2gig GC2/GC3 ? I’ve manually added the TXID 0020-xxx-xxxx and set the equipment code to 0869. The motion detector light comes on when i hit test, but there is otherwise no response from the hardware or the panel. Is the V-PIR2-345 not compatible with the GC3?

It appears that this is related to a previous thread, found here.

Have you tried tripping the motion detector outside of sensor test mode? We have noted inconsistencies with the GC3 sensor test, it is best to test sensors under normal circumstances.

As the XXX2-345 model sensors are not officially compatible with the 2GIG GC3, it is likely that a compatible motion detector, like the 2GIG-PIR1-345, will be required.

I’m not exactly sure what trips it because the only time the red light on it comes on is when I press the test button on the side.

Apologies, activating the sensor, in this case activating the PIR motion sensor via motion of some sort. Usually there is a delay between activation to conserve on battery power so you may have to wait a bit in between tries.

How can you tell it is activated? Usually there is a light or a click or something, but this one does nothing.

Though it is a different model, if it functions like the PIR1-345, there would be no LED activation unless the sensor itself was in test mode (on the PIR1, activated by holding a magnet up to the side of the sensor briefly).

The way to test whether it is activating is on the panel.

One easy way without tripping any alarms would be to set a chime for that zone, wait 3 minutes outside of view of the motion detector, then walk in front of it to trip it. Does the panel announce the chime?

You can adjust the chime settings for the zone in System Settings > Sensor Chimes.

My first action was setting a voice alert for it. No bueno. I think we can definitively say the PIR2 doesn’t work with the GC3.

You might double check the loop just to be sure. It should likely be loop 1 in programming.

If it is already set to loop 1 or that doesn’t help, yes it sounds like that model may not function with the GC3.