Using Surety To Gain Access To ZWave Toolbox

Hi,

We bought a home a few months ago that has a 2GIG Go panel and Cell Module, along with several Z Wave devices. We do not currently have it monitored through any security company (It was previously through CPI). I have recently began my journey into Home Automation and purchased a Smartthings Hub.

I have read through the forum here and elsewhere, but I wanted to get a clear answer.

For me to be able to migrate my Z Wave devices to Smartthings, I need to first exclude them from the 2GIG Go Panel where they are currently paired. The only way to do this is to use the installer code and get into the Z Wave Toolbox. I have attempted factory reset of the panel, but it did not reset the installer code (1561).

From what I’ve read, if my equipment is compatible with Surety (I’ll check the module when I get home tonight), I can sign up for service and Surety can help reset/provide the installer code so that I am able to gain access to the Z Wave Toolbox. At that point, I can run through the exclusion process and migrate those devices to Smartthings?

Thank you to any who takes the time to read this and provide clarity.

From what I’ve read, if my equipment is compatible with Surety (I’ll check the module when I get home tonight), I can sign up for service and Surety can help reset/provide the installer code so that I am able to gain access to the Z Wave Toolbox. At that point, I can run through the exclusion process and migrate those devices to Smartthings?

Yes, suretyDIY users have full access to installer codes and programming, and for new 2GIG systems the installer code is defaulted during the initial connection process. If you are interested in getting signed up with suretyDIY, everything you might need can be found here.

However…

For me to be able to migrate my Z Wave devices to Smartthings, I need to first exclude them from the 2GIG Go Panel where they are currently paired. The only way to do this is to use the installer code and get into the Z Wave Toolbox. I have attempted factory reset of the panel, but it did not reset the installer code (1561).

You can “Clear” the parent network link from Z-wave devices from any controller. Just use the exclusion function in Smartthings, then press the pairing button/sequence on the Z-wave device in question. You may need to bring the ST hub around to devices if possible.

Jason,

Thank you so much. I was able to get everything paired over to the Smartthings Hub and checked my module. So, it looks like I’ll be able to use Surety. I really appreciate your quick and clear response.

We are always happy to help out!