Using Honeywell/2GIG sensors with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2

Can the existing Honeywell sensors from my 2GIG GC2 system be used with the Qolsys IQ 2?

Sensors: contact senors (5816), glass break sensors (5853), motion/image sensors (ADC-IS-220-GC).

Welcome to the forum, happy to help!

The 2GIG GC2 and Honeywell sensors use 345Mhz protocol for communication where the Qolsys IQ 2 uses 319.5Mhz protocol. You would not be able to learn a 2GIG/Honeywell sensor directly into the Qolsys IQ 2 or vice versa.

However, it would be possible to utilize a translator for the contact sensors and glass break sensor. The Resolution Products RE524X would work to convert the 345Mhz signal into 319.5Mhz to use with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. Please note that the translator would not work with any wireless life safety devices (Smoke or CO).

Additionally, the 2GIG Image Sensor (ADC-IS-220-GC) would not be compatible with the Qolsys Panel nor could it be translated like the sensors mentioned above. You would need the Qolsys Image Sensor

I have an IQ panel 2 with a RE524X translator, I had a 2gig system before. Translator Sensor Select is on 2GIG and Panel Select is on Interlogix (GE). I was able to get all my Honeywell sensors to work with the exception of one 2GiG glass sensor and two garage door tilt sensors RE206. Translator recognizes the sensors but they dont work 100%. Glass sensor does not trip the alarm when tripped, only registers on panel when tampered. Tilt sensor shows open all the time, never shows closed, but does show on panel when tampered like glass sensor. What am I missing? With the above setup, I was able to transfer over my 2GIG Key Fobs with no issue.

Hmm, I don’t recall testing a Tilt sensor through a translator like that, but the RE206 has a couple different tilt functions, vertical tilt and horizontal tilt. See manual describing the loops.

What you are describing kind of sounds like a loop issue if on a 2GIG Panel, so it may be good to test if only the horizontal function is working. Take the RE206 down and hold it flat, with the face of the cover facing you. dip the cover down to the floor. Does it close and open again?

Glass Breaks can be fairly difficult to test. Are you certain that it is actually being tripped? You would see the same if it simply is not picking up whatever test sound you are doing.

Well, I powered my 2gig panel back up again (the 2gig panel replaced by new IQ2 Panel) and I was able to arm simultaneously (with Key Fob) and tested the sensors by tilting the tilt sensors and by shaking keys in front of the glass break sensor. The 2gig picked both up, but the IQ2 was not able too.

Well the translator does not support multiple loops for honeywell devices, only one per, so the RE206 issue makes more sense since it uses multiple loops, though like you say I am unable to get it to close under the same circumstances in any orientation.

I’ve tested under the same circumstances with a GB1-345 as well and strangely I am seeing the same. This one is weirder in that the GB1 only uses one loop to begin with. We’ve reached out to Resolution Products to see if there is any known issue.

We actually noticed if you open the translator cover and trip the glass break, a glass break Tamper is reported on the panel. Do you see the same?

Yes. I do see a tamper when the translator door is open and trip the GB1.

As a follow up, the tamper when the door is open is normal, specifically due to the door being open.

The RE206 tilt sensor was confirmed by Resolution Products to have an error in its communication when translated by the 524X. Unfortunately there is no way to resolve that locally, so you would want GE tilt sensors.

We’ve tested the GB1-345 on a few different RE524X units with various manufacturing dates and all show the same error. Resolution states that the GB1-345 should work, we are still trying to sift out if there is a date code range that may be affected.

What is the date code on your RE524X? It will be on a sticker on the back.

Date: 17136