Using Existing 2GIG Panel

I have a go control panel monitored by vivint. Contract ending in August. I ran the serial check and it stated “sorry your alarm.com cell module can not currently be used with alarm.com. Modem is already assigned to a unit. “ when finding the serial number, on same screen it had Sim: not locked. What does all this mean?

I then checked my current firmware version and it is 1.96.

Would like to know if all I have to do is cancel and change to your company for monitoring. Not sure what I need with info I gave you and what I need to do. Let me know.

Happy to help! A similar topic can be found here.

I ran the serial check and it stated “sorry your alarm.com cell module can not currently be used with alarm.com. Modem is already assigned to a unit. “ when finding the serial number, on same screen it had Sim: not locked. What does all this mean?

Yes, a module currently tied to an active Alarm.com account is registered and cannot be used with another account. Most of the time once the associated Alarm.com account is cancelled, the module would then be unregistered and can be used with a different account, but unfortunately the modules used by the provider you mentioned have all been arbitrarily assigned to that vendor and they cannot be used with alternate providers.

A new module has always been required when coming from that specific provider.

on same screen it had Sim: not locked

This does not indicate anything regarding availability of the module.

I then checked my current firmware version and it is 1.96.

Would like to know if all I have to do is cancel and change to your company for monitoring. Not sure what I need with info I gave you and what I need to do. Let me know.

This page goes over everything you might need to get started with a 2GIG Go!Control, but a new module would be needed in order to get started in this case.

LTE modules would require the latest 1.17 firmware, AT&T requires 1.9.6 or later.

All products and service plans are purchased on our website. This page goes over the included features of service plans. If you want to get going quickly, this kit would contain everything you need. You should use the coverage check tool to verify general cellular availability of the carriers first.