Using Chime for Nest Hello

Is there a way I can connect my Nest hello to my 2GIG system just to get the doorbell sound. I know it’s not compatible for video, but I just want the doorbell sound when someone pushes the doorbell button.

There would be a lot of dependencies in this case, I couldn’t say whether there would be limitations to the “Hello” or chime that it wouldn’t be able to function with one, but in general you might be able to use a relay to trigger a dry normally closed contact and monitor that with a DW10 sensor wired input.

You would need a relay which is triggered by the door chime voltage. What voltage is being applied to the doorbell?

It comes with thes wireless connectors. See the illustration attached. They have to connect to a hardwire.

Make sense?

Thank you, however there is nothing attached.

Can you confirm the voltage being supplied to the doorbell per above as well?

I’m not sure how to do that? But it is a typical hardwiring that I had on a SKyPanel from Vivint.

This is just the diagram so you can see and understand it.

Thank you. Do you see in the instructions you have linked where they indicate testing the voltage on the doorbell wires with a multimeter? That is what we were asking.

Hmm, based on what I see I would not advise trying to rig it, and we cannot provide support for an incompatible product like the Nest Hello. Based on the description the chime adapter alters the power circuit and I can’t advise trying to add a relay in that circumstance.

You might be able to use the IQ Doorbell along with a wireless signal translator like the RE524X, but that is a fair bit of product investment for the doorbell chime either way. I’m not aware of any 2GIG compatible products like the IQ doorbell (it is just wired directly to the chime terminals)

Another option would be a Skybell HD or Skybell Slimline, which would be compatible with Alarm.com service. (those would not ring to the panel though)