Upgrading to PowerG

I have a fairly large system designed around IQ Panel 2 (pre-PowerG) and have always had some range issues on the fringes of my system, especially for life safety devices that don’t talk to my repeater. I have an immediate need to replace some CO sensors and was thinking about PowerG just to future-proof everything. I have some questions:

Are PowerG sensors backwards compatible with 319.5 frequency, so that I could buy them today and they work with the IQ Panel 2?

Is there any reason why I shouldn’t wait for the IQ Panel 4 rather than buying the 2+?

I have three secondary IQ Remote panels. Do/will they work with the IQ Panel 4/2+ or is there a new secondary panel?

How much work would it be to move all my sensor programming information to the new panel? I’m hoping there’s a shortcut that doesn’t require me to manually reprogram each sensor.

Thanks for your help.

Are PowerG sensors backwards compatible with 319.5 frequency, so that I could buy them today and they work with the IQ Panel 2?

No, those are two completely different frequencies using different radios. The panel needs a PowerG radio to communicate with them, so you would need a new panel.

Is there any reason why I shouldn’t wait for the IQ Panel 4 rather than buying the 2+?

The IQ panel 4 will be supported longer likely, but the IQ Panel 4 is very similar to the 2+, with benefits like improved audio, bluetooth audio streaming.

I have three secondary IQ Remote panels. Do/will they work with the IQ Panel 4/2+ or is there a new secondary panel?

They work with the 2+, not sure about the 4 yet, I’ve reached out to Qolsys for confirmation. Would be very nice if they did!

How much work would it be to move all my sensor programming information to the new panel? I’m hoping there’s a shortcut that doesn’t require me to manually reprogram each sensor.

A backup and restore process is available for alarm sensors from your 2 to the 2+. I don’t believe this is available to the IQ Panel 4, at least yet, the IQ Panel 4 is in a soft launch period from Qolsys and production hasn’t really sped up yet.

Backup and restore would not affect Z-wave devices. Those would need to be manually removed and re-added.

The QW9103 and QW9104 models of the IQ Remote will work with the IQ Panel 4.