Upgrade from GC2 to GC3e

Can I upgrade from a GC2 and TS1 to a GC3e and GC3e SP1 and still use my existing GC2 sensors? Can Surety Support migrate my config if I do this?

Hello, a backup and restore process is available between those panel types.

A backup/restore can be run to apply RF sensor programming and user codes to the new panel, but z-wave automation devices and other panel config cannot transfer. This process can be performed during normal business hours.

The process for the backup restore is as follows:

• Run a backup (I have done this now)
  • Once the new panel is received and you are ready to start the process:
    • Do not program the new panel
    • Power down the old panel power supply first, then internal battery
    • Private Messsage us with the new panel’s 15-digit IMEI number
  • We will send commands to begin the restoral process and confirm this has been sent.
    • The restoral can take 20-30 mintues. During this time, do not add any devices to the new panel or send any arming disarming commands or make any programming changes to the new panel.
    • You will know the process is nearing completion once the last of the sensors populates at the panel. Wait an additional 5 minutes or so for User codes to populate, if applicable.

Thank you. Just to follow-up - can I use both a GC3e paird with a GC3 SP1 or must I use a GC3 SP2 as a secondary panel? As I understand it the SP1 while not really made anymore supports full functionality compared to the SP2 which is just basic arm and disarm capability.

I’m not aware of any limitation regarding SP1 usage on the GC3e.

None of the GC3 related products are produced anymore however, the GC3, GC3e, and related secondary panels were discontinued in favor of the Edge.

Thanks one more question - does the GC2 cellular chip work in the GC3 or do I need to go out and buy that separately?

The GC2 cell communicator does not work in the GC3, a GC3 LTE cell sled would be needed.

Ok, thank you for all your help! Much appreciated! This is the reason I stick with you guys! Excellent customer service with helpful answers to specific questions and timely responses! Thanks again!

Happy to help! Keep in mind if you want to use backup-restore options, do not use the panel swap option in the Surety system manager. We would need to perform that swap per the above steps.

Sounds great, I will be in touch!