Updating firmware from 1.9.6 to 10.1.1

I am interested in upgrading my 2gig-345-cp21 from version 1.9.6 to 10.1.1. I have a 2gig Image Sensor PIR to install and the box says it requires version 10.1.1 or greater. Can you walk me through the options?

Absolutely. I’ll copy and paste from this thread - http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/firmware-updates-for-2gig/

There are two ways you can upgrade your firmware. The first is through an OTA remote push from your provider. Due to the cellular usage involved, each update costs $15. The second is to purchase a 2GIG USB Firmware Update Cable & TS1 4-Pin Extender (2GIG-UPCBL2), which usually costs around $30. suretyCAM offers the firmware update software online for free, which you are welcome to use, regardless of where your 2GIG-UPCBL2 came from. http://suretydiy.com/download/2GIG/firmware/

I’m a proponent of the later for a couple of reasons. First, over the air updates are not entirely reliable. They take longer, (allow for about 12 hours) offering opportunity for something to go wrong, and even without an obvious problem cause, such as loss of power, they don’t always “take”. Additionally, DIYers, who are generally more likely to take full advantage of new features as they become available, are more likely to update frequently. If you update twice, you’ve already spent the same amount a cable would have cost you. Once you have the update cable, you can update as much as you’d like for free. Also, it may be worth knowing that the software updates seem to take longer to become available as OTA pushes. (Right now you can download V1.10.1, but dealers can not yet push it remotely. The last version we can push is V1.10, which should work for your Image Sensor)

If you’d like an OTA update, just let us know.

Thank you for your response. I would like to proceed OTA update. What are the next steps I need to take?

Please ensure that the panel is plugged in and does not loose power for the next 12 hours. We will push through the update now. Check your panel’s firmware version late tonight/tomorrow morning and let us know if the firmware does not read V1.10. Occasionally, it takes more than one push for the update to take.

Thank you Amanda. During the download process, the system should be able to arm and disarm until he patch is applied, right? Does it make it difference on the update time depending on the Wireless carrier? I have the verizon cdma card.

Correct, you should be able to arm and disarm during the process.

The cellular module carrier should not impact the time it takes for the download to complete.

Hi Amanda,

I noticed that my thermostat has lost communications with the panel. Does the thermostat automation portion stop working when the panel is upgrading? I am away from home at this time and I also tried to connect via the alarm.com and it says “Last updated: Thursday 1/9 11:58am” which is more than 2 hours ago. I try setting a temperature and it is unable to communicate with the thermostat.

Hi Pedro,

While you should still be able to send Arm/Disarm commands to the panel, the OTA firmware update for the panel can cause a temporary disruption in commands to Zwave devices connected to your network. The update is fairly large and keeps the module fairly busy as far as recieving incoming information is concerned. After the update is completed, you should be able to send commands to your thermostat and other Zwave devices again.