Update z-wave devices on alarm.com

Hi.

I just added my 2Gig controller as a secondary controller to my veralite. I can see a number of the devices when I go into my 2Gig controller under switches and controls and doors and locks, but I only see one of those switches under the empower tab at alarm.com. Is this the right place to look? How do I get more of my devices updated there? I saw in the forum other advice to run a cell phone test and I did that (three times), but no new devices.

Also, none of the names of the nodes from my veralite seem to have made it to the 2Gig controller? Is this normal? Will I need to go through and test and rename every node at alarm.com to identify what it is, or did something go wrong?

Thanks.

I’m having a similar issue with my IQ Panel. Newly added lock will not show up on alarm.com despite successfully pairing w/ the panel.

I’m having a similar issue with my IQ Panel. Newly added lock will not show up on alarm.com despite successfully pairing w/ the panel

A short delay should be expected with regard to Z-wave devices populating in Alarm.com once paired. The panel does not always sync the data immediately. It looks like this one was resolved already, can you confirm?

Also, none of the names of the nodes from my veralite seem to have made it to the 2Gig controller? Is this normal? Will I need to go through and test and rename every node at alarm.com to identify what it is, or did something go wrong?

Names placed in one controller will not transfer to the panel, no. Z-wave devices must be named separately.

Also, after a couple equipment requests I’m not seeing any new devices. How close were the panel and the Vera lite during the pair process? They must be very close, within five feet or so, and remain there for a few minutes for best chance at fully successful pairing. Currently the 2GIG panel does not seem to be able to sync the rest of the devices with the back-end.

Try removing the 2GIG panel and re-pairing with the Vera lite

The 2Gig controller and the veralite sit right next to each other, so they are always only a couple of inches apart and were for the whole inclusion process and thereafter. I will try and remove and reinclude when I get home this evening. However, it looked like I could see all the devices in the 2Gig panel (at least many of them, hard to confirm with out the names) just not at alarm.com. That’s why is very weird to me I only see one device at alarm.com. Is there any kind of limit to the number of z-wave devices or a number that will cause problems. I have quite a few connected to my veralite.

Is there any kind of limit to the number of z-wave devices or a number that will cause problems. I have quite a few connected to my veralite

No, there is no limit, other than the general Z-wave limit of 232 devices.

It does look like the panel is unable to sync the rest. Before removing and re-pairing you might try just a power cycle and a cell test to see if the hang-up is something simple in the 2GIG processes, but the likely next best step would be to re-pair.

Thanks Jason. I have previously tried power cycling and another cell test but no improvement. I’ll try re-adding tonight.

Well, I have tried resetting and including again multiple times (through the vera UI, on battery power, off battery power) and I still only get the one z-wave device available on Alarm.com. It’s always the same one, even though I can see multiple devices in the panel.

Looking more closely at the devices in the 2Gig panel, it only identifies one device by manufacturer (the one avilable in alarm.com) and the rest are all unidentified manufacturers - so it is like the 2gig panel isn’t properly learning all of the devices - just one of them. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Also, what is the proper way to reboot the 2Gig Panel?

Looking more closely at the devices in the 2Gig panel, it only identifies one device by manufacturer (the one avilable in alarm.com) and the rest are all unidentified manufacturers – so it is like the 2gig panel isn’t properly learning all of the devices – just one of them. Any ideas on how to fix that?

That is likely indicative of the issue, yes. The panel is not receiving all the necessary device info from Vera during the pair process. What version of the Veralite firmware are you using? Have you used the “Reset Controller” option in the Z-wave toolbox on the 2GIG panel?

Also, what is the proper way to reboot the 2Gig Panel?

Unplug power supply, unplug battery, (typically wait a couple minutes in a troubleshooting case), plug in battery, plug in power supply.

I’m on an older version of the veralite firmware - 1.6.641. Yes, I’ve used the “reset controller” before each attempt at inclusion. The one device it does identify and load up to alarm.com happens to be the closest z-wave device to the location of where I do the inclusion, if that provides any useful information.

Any ideas on what to try next or more information I can provide?

Well, what model of switches are you using and how many are not showing on Alarm.com?

Have you tried re-learning any of those into the Veralite, then pairing the controllers?

I have a bit of a variety of models of z-wave switches/appliance modules, relays, multi sensors, door locks, among other things. Most of the switches are Aeon Labs DSC18103-ZWUS. I also have a few Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS (which is the model of the one that actually makes it to alarm.com) and an Aeon Labs DSC24-ZWUS. I have one GE/Jasco switch, and I believe a Linear dimming switch. I have 2 Linear relays which behave like switches. My deadbolts are Yale YRD210-ZW-619s.

In total, I have about 35 switches that aren’t showing on alarm.com. And of course the 2 deadbolts.

No I haven’t tried relearning any of them because they’ve all worked fine with the vera for years. I have a lot of automation already going on with the vera, so I’ll have to find one that isn’t too used and retry it. I think the ID would change upon relearning… and I have luup code tied to IDs.

No I haven’t tried relearning any of them because they’ve all worked fine with the vera for years. I have a lot of automation already going on with the vera, so I’ll have to find one that isn’t too used and retry it. I think the ID would change upon relearning… and I have luup code tied to IDs.

It’s not a certain fix, so yes, it would be best to just try one that represents the least amount of work. I’m curious if it might have an effect. Something that may also be throwing things off: the multisensors. These are not compatible with 2GIG and the panel may not be handling the transfer well.

Another test, if it isn’t too disruptive, would be to remove the incompatible sensor type devices, then try the process.

Alright. I won’t have time to try many of these things today, or maybe even tomorrow or Thursday. I’ll try to get through a few of these tests by the end of the weekend. Hopefully they will illuminate something. Either way, I’ll report back.

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what is Node 3 on the Vera?

ID 3 is a Ecolink Garage door tilt sensor.

That would be incompatible with 2GIG, and 2GIG is only getting to Node 2. Is Node 2 on the Vera the same Aeon Switch/meter as in ADC?

If so, that may indeed be the issue. The incompatible devices are halting the process.

Yes, I pulled a listing of all the nodes and ID 2 is the one that is in ADC. I guess first step to confirm is to remove the first incompatible node and see if it 2gig/ADC adds more until it gets to the next incompatible one… I think I’m going to have a few incompatible ones - so the good news if that works is that I’ll know what to do - but the bad news is it will be a lot of work to re-add and reconfigure the vera after I’ve gotten all the proper 2Gig compatible ones on ADC.

So a couple of other devices I have in addition to multisensors and garage tilt sensors are a home energy monitor, a Flood/Temperature sensor, and some relays. Are those incompatible as well?

Anything that is a “Sensor” type device will be incompatible.

The home energy meter, if it is an Aeon Labs Gen 1, would be compatible.

Simple relays/switches/plug-in appliance modules anything that is a binary switch is likely going to work fine.

Thanks for the help troubleshooting. It seems logical that this may indeed be the issue and I appreciate your help in diagnosing.

I’ll start off with removing the first garage tilt sensor and report back over the next few days. Wish the Panel could just ignore incompatible devices.

Okay. Some progress. I removed both garage tilt sensors and the panel read in All the other binary devices. I didn’t need to remove the multi sensors for it to do this, just the garage tilt sensors. It also read in the deadbolts, however I have the error message:

“A secure connection was not established during the enrollment of the following lock(s)”…

And then it lists my two deadbolts. So it sees them. I know these require a secure connection, but I was under the impression this would work as long as the locks were added to the Vera before making the 2Gig a secondary controller…

Any help is appreciated.