Update Cable with 4-pin extender will not fit into TS1X

On the TS1X, following the PDF instructions for plugging the cable in, there is nothing on the other side of the circuit board. The 4 pins go right through and float into nothing, no matter what side I try.

It has nothing to do with the cable or direction etc. I can even see the other side of the circuit board, nothing attatched.

Is mine too old and has to be done OTA? I spent the money on the cable, upgraded my control panel, and not I don’t want to have to spend more money doing an OTA firmware update for the TS1.

That’s the instruction I’m talking about.

The four pin extender will fit loosely in the TS1. The circuit board holes are all it gets inserted into. There is no issue with your TS1 preventing upgrade.

That said, it is important that the TS1 and update cable not be moved during the process. make sure the cable is stable (it can be angled into the holes, it won’t sit straight up and down).

Make sure the pin direction is correct per the instructions linked.

Ok got it, I will try. Thank you Warren

I’d highly recommend this detail on the PDF. These things are all key: “Loosely fitting + Angled in + Don’t Move It”

I’m not sure why 2GIG made the design choice they did with the TS1. It’s not a friendly update process (at least not as friendly as the Go!Control), but as long as you get the tricks right it isn’t too hard.

I’ll recommend to 2GIG that they update the included instructions.

p.s. Firmware updates are usually pretty scary. Loss of power, that sort of thing is always a big warning. Don’t you think that this is way too prone to error? If this wire moves in the middle of the flashing of the bios what will happen? It seems like the most possible accident, that’s a big question mark in my head.

Just hoping that in the future you can provide a more stable connector.

Hi Warren, After reading your last comment, I just made the connection or disconnection rather that you don’t actually supply the 2gig, so I may be barking up the wrong tree. If there is anything you can do with the connector however that’d be great.

-Mike

Just hoping that in the future you can provide a more stable connector.
After reading your last comment, I just made the connection or disconnection rather that you don’t actually supply the 2gig, so I may be barking up the wrong tree

Correct, we are not a manufacturer of products.

Trust me, I’m with you on this. I do not believe you will see any changes to TS1 updates, but 2GIG did revise the process for the new GC3 panel (uses a usb thumb drive). Presumably the upcoming secondary keypad for the GC3 will have a similar upgrade process to the GC3.