Unlock Module Already Registered On Alarm.com

I purchased a new home that came with an IQ Panel 2 and a few devices. This free package was provided by Safe Haven Security, ADT Authorized Dealer. I asked Safe Haven to unlock the panel. They said they would NOT unlock the cellular module since it is intended to be used with Safe Haven Security (and their software is already installed).

The concierge agent mentioned that I might be able to jailbreak the panel or unlock it with another dealer, but confirmed that it was not Safe Haven’s responsibility.

I would like to use this “free” equipment with Surety, is there a way to jailbreak or unlock IQ Panel 2?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately we’ve seen that from some builder program companies. There is no way to use the panel anywhere else if there is an Alarm.com account tied to it and the provider who controls the active Alarm.com account won’t cancel it. Other providers cannot register that panel if the IMEI is tied to an active account.

Some builder program companies will cancel the account if the user doesn’t want to use their services, but some refuse to do so.

Some may suggest that the panel is proprietary somehow. That is untrue, it just can’t be used with two Alarm.com accounts at the same time.

If they refuse to release the module IMEI, you could reuse all the existing sensors and peripherals with a new IQ Panel 2+.

Thanks for the quick response, working on getting a new unregistered IQ Panel.

We sell bundles with discounts applied here on our website. These also include a free first month of service included in the bundle.

Thanks, I actually escalated the issue with Safe Haven and eventually someone helped unregister my panel.

I am now using Surety, thanks again!

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved!

1 Like

Hello! I have run into this same issue with the same provider. I have contacted them and was not able to resolve the issue.

OP, How did you get them to escalate and unlock the device? Sorry to hijack the thread. I’m a little annoyed there is no other way to go about this when I own the device and it’s in my home.

Sorry to hear that…! Very frustrating. I called the concierge several times and maybe left a message (no response). Then emailed the concierge (no response). Then went to the company websites contact page and forwarded them the email chain and cc’d the concierge.

Eventually the concierge emailed me back and said they would call me that afternoon (they did not call). So I called the concierge again… and they finally answered. And they tried to tip toe around it for awhile, so I had to be very direct and to the point because they said I would void my warranty if they did this.

They also tried talking me out of it and put me on hold a couple times… Here’s how the email message looked… I hope you have the stamina to make it work!

————————-

On Dec 11, 2020, at 7:21 AM, concierge@mysafehaven.com wrote:

ZevWargSti,

I will call you this afternoon after my meetings this morning to get the warranty recording done and release the panel.

Let me know what time works best for us to chat later this afternoon.

Concierge

Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 12:32 AM

To: Info from website <info@mysafehaven.com>
Cc: Concierge

Hello,

I am interested in self-monitoring my smart home system. Please let me know how to unregister/deactivate the IQ panel from Alarm.com so I can register the serial number.

Thanks,
ZevWargSti

Sent: Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 9:56 AM

To: Concierge<concierge@mysafehaven.com>

Hello Concierge,

I am interested in self-monitoring our smart home system. Please let me know how to unregister the IQ panel from Alarm.com so I can use the serial number.

Thanks,
ZevWargSti

Thank you for the swift reply. I have reached out to both email addresses shown here and got a response asking for an address so hopefully this will get me somewhere.

1 Like

Checking on this old thread. @Etnoggin Did you manage to get safehaven to cancel the account and unlock the serial number?
Also, @jwcsurety if we know the dealer code and master code, is it possible to unregister it ourself?

if we know the dealer code and master code, is it possible to unregister it ourself?

No. Registration of a panel IMEI on an Alarm.com account has nothing to do with panel programming and accounts can only be deleted (module unregistered) by the dealer owning the account.