Understanding the ADC-T2000 Schedules

Just started looking at setting up schedules with an ADC-T2000 tstat.

Just have a question about expectations and functionality.

If I have a set point for 6:00AM at 72*, you would normally think that that change would take place exactlyb at 6:00AM.

With the advent of smart tstats, however, there is an idea that the system will learn your routine and take action automatically to adjust to that routine.

Does the ADC-T2000, initially, or after some time, adjust to a routine and start to adjust temps earlier/later to achieve the proper temp set point automatically by the set point time target set up in the schedule, or will the schedule always be the exact time at which the set point becomes active.

===EXAMPLE===
Schedule “sleep” heat setting = 67; cool setting 71 starts at 9PM
Schedule “home” heat setting = 72; cool setting 76 starts at 6AM

Let’s assume this scenario is during the winter, where the “home” setting will require the heat to come on to warm the house from the overnight cooler temps.

If I do nothing else to the system, would I expect the tstat to “learn” how long it takes the system to get from its current temp to the warmer, programmed temp (72) for the heat setting or will it always trigger the heat to come on at 6:00AM (if it’s cooler than 72) and take as long as it takes to reach 72 before it shuts off the heat?

Same question applies to the reciprocal as well (does it “learn” how long it takes to cool).

Trying to get an understanding of whether I have to think for the thermostat or if it’s smarter than me and can figure it out on its own =)

Thanks in advance for any input.

Does the ADC-T2000, initially, or after some time, adjust to a routine and start to adjust temps earlier/later to achieve the proper temp set point automatically by the set point time target set up in the schedule, or will the schedule always be the exact time at which the set point becomes active.

Some variation may occur depending on controller-tstat communication and your z-wave network strength, but no, the schedule you set in Alarm.com is what is followed. Automatically changing a schedule or set point or the like without user-defined parameters is not a good idea generally.

There are a few offsets and overrides you can set up to manage energy usage and use the system intelligently, but they are all within user-defined parameters, such as increasing the cool target temp by 2 degrees when a door has been left open for 2 minutes so you save energy. This is not automatically done without input. You would choose the degree offset and the time frame and which sensors it applies to.

When you set a Target Set point in the schedule, you are not saying “I want the temp in the house to be 72 at 8AM”

You are saying “I want the Thermostat target set point to be 72 at 8AM” The thermostat is not going to raise the temp before the target set point is changed. You would just want to move the scheduled change earlier. So if you want it to be 72 at 8, change the target temp at 7:30, for example.

You are saying “I want the Thermostat target set point to be 72 at 8AM” The thermostat is not going to raise the temp before the target set point is changed. You would just want to move the scheduled change earlier. So if you want it to be 72 at 8, change the target temp at 7:30, for example.

You said it much more concisely than I did but this is exactly the confirmation I needed.

Perfect; Thanks!