Unable to update TS1 firmware

I recently updated my GC2 to firmware v 1.19 using an update cable. I then tried to update my two TS1 panels which are currently version 1.10x using the cable and 4 pin adapter however the software does not seem to recognize the panels and I cannot update them.

Is there an ability for Surety to update the TS1 panels OTA? If so, what is the cost for this? If it cannot be done can you provide some guidance as to why they are not updating? The GC2 update was flawless but I could not get the TS1 to work at all.

The TS1 panels are still connected to the GC2, however whenever I arm the GC2, the TS1 panels arm it differently (i.e. Away, when I actually armed stay).

Since your panel is on the latest firmware, we do not have the option to update your system OTA currently.

To verify, are you trying to use the 1.19 panel firmware file for the TS1? That won’t work.

The correct corresponding TS1 file is version 1.16 TS1 firmware, which is found in the same file download.

Did you have that separate TS1 update file in your download?

Yes, I have the TS1 1.16 file. It is not working when I try to flash the system. So you’re saying that there is no way that you can update the TS1s OTA even though it’s still connected to my GC2 panel?

OTA update of TS1s is not sent independently of panel firmware, it gets sent along with the panel OTA and TS1s are updated if needed along with the panel.

With the panel itself at the latest version an OTA for the panel cannot be pushed, unfortunately.

Note with the TS1 and the four pin adapter, the cable must be facing a specific direction noted in the update instructions. If the cable is flipped upside down (reversing the pins) the update won’t work.

The TS1 needs to be powered off, cable inserted, software run, then power up the TS1. Are you going in that order?

Also, 2GIG’s firmware update process is pretty archaic, but you need to do the same create a shortcut and append the target line with the Com port in properties as you do with the main control panel firmware file.

Do you see any specific error message when running the software?