Unable to pair Qolsys IQ with Schlage BE469

Hi guys,

I just spent hours trying to pair two of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MMM8TB6 to the Qolsys IQ panel, even after downloading the latest v1.5.1 firmware, but neither lock was able to successfully pair.

I’ve cleared them inside the IQ panel multiple times, which has a success rate of about 25% on its own, but at least it works one out of ~4 times. Pairing, however, works in 0 cases.

I brought the panel up within millimeters of the locks and tried every side imaginable, so it’s not a distance issue.

I had 5 locks already programmed (of 6 allowed by the panel at the moment), but I deleted 1 and still had 2 free spots left, so that shouldn’t be the problem either.

I’m desperately out of options and would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

The BE469 is officially supported, and your description of the process is definitely odd. A removal process especially should be responsive every time.

It may sound strange, but I would recommend rebooting the panel, then giving it a try. Settings - Panel Reboot.

After doing so is there any change in behavior?

Hi Jason,

I’ve so far talked to Qolsys, LiveWatch, and Alarm.com, and all of them are stumped by this, and after trying a million different things, I still can’t pair. They’re investigating, but I’m not optimistic at this point. I just don’t get it.

Did you try a reboot during that process? I believe I’ve seen similar behavior before be resolved that way.

Also how long is the power wire delivering the 12VDC to your Qolsys IQ panel?

I rebooted countless times, including when pulling the 1.5.1 update. They’ve also remote rebooted it too.

The power wire is stock, whatever came with Qolsys IQ. I have over 40 devices already added, including another one of these BE469s (probably an older revision as it was about half a year ago) and these are the only ones that are giving me trouble (freshly purchased, firmware 6.8, which as per support is compatible).

Hmm, well that does raise the radar dish here.

Schlage is notorious for breaking compatibility within the same model of lock from one production run to another with updates. There have been a LOT of issues in the past with Schlage and 2GIG which was ironed out more than once with additional 2GIG firmware updates.

I wish I could hook into IQ with adb and look at the logcat to see wtf is going on inside, but I’m not sure if anyone’s ever figured out how to look at the system logs before.

Logs will only be viewable currently by the manufacturer. As a test, if you have an older version of that model of lock, you can attempt to remove and re-add that to the system.

Have you been able to pair other Z-wave devices to that panel during this time?

If all other devices are responsive and the IQ panel behaves as expected when learning them in or removing them, it is possible that these new production versions of Schlage are incompatible and would require firmware intervention from Qolsys. It may be beneficial to try a different model, or older version of this lock.

I’m scared to try and unpair something I already have paired, especially door locks.

I understand the hesitation, are you able to return those two locks and try a different compatible model?

@Jason Those are the only Z-Wave locks that fit the style/color of my installation, plus it’s the same model of my front door lock (just newer). I’m going to wait and see what Qolsys/Alarm.com say.

Brand new to livewatch / alarm.com and Schlage (I bought the lock a week after I installed the IQ panel). I am not able to pair either. Did you get anywhere @archon810?

I spent countless hours on the phone with various support agents and in the end, it turned out to be some sort of a compatibility issue with the specific firmware version and Qolsys.

My Schlage firmware was 6.8, I believe, and they sent me 7.1, which paired instantly. I’m having the 2nd lock swapped out now too.

How do I find out the firmware version of the Schlage? I only have one lock to pair and it is literally 3 feet away from the panel

Take off the cover and it’ll be written there on the inside.

my panel just spins “Loading Device Information” and nothing happens for about 45 seconds then I get a message “Could not retrieve Device Properties”

You’re likely looking at a similar firmware incompatibility. If that is the case, it would require a different lock version.

Have you been able to check the lock version you are using?

7.1 is the version

Do you currently have a suretyDIY subscription? If so we could see more details on the back-end.

Otherwise, what is the firmware version of your IQ Panel?

Have you tried a full reboot first? Settings - Panel Reboot. Then go back in after the panel powers up again and try to pair.

okay the strangest thing, I was trying to edit to reflect “side door” when I left it alone as “front door” it worked.