Unable to control 2GIG panel via alarm. com site/app

I’m away and can’t seem to be able to control my 2GIG remotely today. Are you aware of any system outages?
Sky is clear in the vicinity so it’s unlikely cell reception.
I keep getting panel command timeout errors.
Are you able to confirm the state of the panel from your end?
Thank you

A number of factors can cause a timeout including local cellular reception and signalling at the panel. No outages in your area, local coverage looks good. The panel is reporting that it is armed at this time.

However, your panel signalling is poor and has reported between 1 and 2 bars for about the last month. Have you noticed latency issues lately or just today?

When able you will want to troubleshoot. To start, power down the panel completely, transformer first then the internal battery. Once powered down, remove the cellular module and re-seat ensuring that the connected antenna is seated firmly as well. After about two minutes, plug the module back in and power up, battery first, then transformer. Wait a few minutes then check your signal strength. Any change?

Thank you for the suggestions. The reception has been fairly poor all along. What options are there if any to upgrade the cell module, possibly to work with ATT as they have better coverage in my vicinity? Would that call for panel upgrade?

My immediate concern is that we are away today with limited access to phone and there’s a pet in house. since panel is set to away mode there’s a risk that the cat can trigger motion sensor. Is there any way no note it to the account so that we can avoid local police being called in case alerts it triggered any motion sensors?

What options are there if any to upgrade the cell module, possibly to work with ATT as they have better coverage in my vicinity? Would that call for panel upgrade?

There wouldn’t be a need for a new panel but a new module could be obtained. In this case a 4G LTE module. We carry the 4G LTE from verizon for that panel found here. The 4G LTE module requires at least firmware 1.19 or higher for compatibility (which you have.)

Keep in mind that cell coverage differs from machine to machine coverage. Your address reports full coverage for 4G LTE from Verizon. You can confirm via this coverage check tool

Is there any way no note it to the account so that we can avoid local police being called in case alerts it triggered any motion sensors?

You can contact central station operators directly at 855-348-0367 to place a temporary note on your account requesting that the motion sensors be ignored in the event of a burglary alarm. You will need your central station verbal password for verification purposes.