Unable to Arm/Disarm remotely

It sounds like your app is not receiving the appropriate status update in a timely fashion, or is not updating in real time with the acknowledgement.

It is important to test how long it takes the panel to arm, though, to make sure it is just limited to the return status.

Let us know how long the panel takes to arm/disarm a few times in a row.

If it is just limited to the status update, that gives us a better idea where to look. Until then, what model of phone are you using when sending the command?

I will be home early so I can do this and get back to you before close of business. As for the phone, an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note III running the latest android O/S, Lollipop.

Ok, tried a couple of times, panel responds almost immediately but the app still hangs for almost 2-3 minutes. Infact, disarmed the system when I came home at the panel, the app still said armed 15 mins later, tried to disarm via the app and the panel flashed some weird message, it didn’t stay up long enough to read but it eluded to a conflict of it’s armed/disarmed state.

Just to add, the app also tells me that it could not verify the arm/disarm command.

I’ve had a few commands sent to help sync the status. It looks like the panel was not effectively relaying the new status back to Alarm.com. Can you test in a couple minutes?

That did the trick, thank you very much Jason!

My pleasure.

I’m having the same problem as the OP. As of this past friday afternoon my panel is having intermittent connectivity issues where I can’t control it from my phone. It seems to be cell related because I can perform a cell test and it seems to make the unit work for a few minutes. A few minutes later it’s back to either one-way connectivity (I’m seeing status updates on my phone that I made to the panel manually, but can’t arm/disarm) or no connectivity at all. In the panel log on the cell page it will on occasion list an error like “ACK timeout” or “PDP Denied”.

Max, I see an instance yesterday on your account where signalling was slow but other than that it looks good. Are you still having the issue now?

As of midday yesterday things seem to be back to normal, with a slight delay in command completion on some commands compared to before Friday. I’ll keep my eye on it and consider getting the Go!Bridge someday to help with intermittent issues like this one. Thanks for looking into it.