Unable to add YRD450 to GC3 panel?

Santa brought us another Yale keypad lock, just getting around to installing.
I am using iPhone app to “add Device”, click on Lock, then Yale Touchscreen Deadbolt.
YRD450 is 3 feet away from panel, on floor directly below the panel. The Yale lock beeps twice, then displays pair mode via the numbers sequencing 1 thru 9 in a circle.
The IOS app never gets past “looking for device”.
Tried laptop web browser, repeating steps, same result.

what should i try next?

Typically we recommend pairing Z-Wave devices to the panel directly through panel programming.

Steps on how to pair Z-Wave devices to your panel can be found here:

More information on pairing and use, specific to Z-Wave Locks can be found here:

Tyler, thanks for helping.
i ran thru those steps from panel; no success.
The Yale is a brand new lock, so i didn’t expect it to “remove”, but i tried that also. I did not notice any “recognition” by the GC3 panel that it heard the lock ; either in the “forget” or the “add” sections.
I’m guessing that there is a hardware issue; either the Zwave module in the Yale isn’t sending, or the ZWave card in the GC3 panel isn’t receiving.
The other z-wave devices in my network (i have two other yale locks, and several light switches, and a thermostat) all seem to be working .
thanks for your quick response and help; i’d be happy to hear any other suggestions.

Hardware failure is always a possibility, or there could be a compatibility issue.

What is the full model number of the lock you are using? Can you send a picture of the box it came in with that number?

Box, and also the zwave module; both are similar to previous locks that I have installed.

Thanks for helping, AllenT

IMG_1012.jpeg

IMG_1013.jpeg

The Yale is a brand new lock, so i didn’t expect it to “remove”, but i tried that also. I did not notice any “recognition” by the GC3 panel

Its possible that the lock was assigned to a network at the factory for testing. In general its not a bad idea to Clear the Z-Wave device first before adding, even when new.

The YRD450 is not a lock that was tested compatible with the 2GIG GC3 controller, so it may be incompatible. Unfortunately, I do not have this lock to test.

The other z-wave devices in my network (i have two other yale locks, and several light switches, and a thermostat) all seem to be working .

If connected Z-Wave devices are working, its unlikely to be a hardware failure issue with the GC3 controller.

i just now did a “factory reset” via the pin on side of the lock, waited 2 mins, put batteries back in and lock went into “learn mode” (all the numbers flashing in a circle).
on GC3 panel, tried to “remove device”; panel shows “listening”, but nothing past that.

and lock went into “learn mode” (all the numbers flashing in a circle).
on GC3 panel, tried to “remove device”; panel shows “listening”

Just to be clear, the GC3 must be listening for devices first. Then the lock inclusion/exclusion mode must be triggered.

… Just to be clear, ….

I agree and concur with what you are saying.

I now believe that the yale documentation is misleading or incorrect. It says that the lock is “looking” when the number keypad is cycling in a circle.

What finally worked for me, was to setup the lock via Bluetooth using the Yale app on my phone. No user or master codes, no settings, keep going to the end of their process. At the end, the app says “continue, or setup via external system”.

I clicked that and the lock went into zwave learn mode; the GC3 panel had already been on the “add device” step, so it found the device and learned it in at device 21.

(of course this was long after the Bluetooth setup notice that a firmware update was available, and I did that; took about 10 minutes). I’m guessing my first hour wasted was due to the firmware issues that were fixed, and then the inclusion process worked.

In summary, for you to help the next guy: follow the yale instructions, but after hardware is installed, start the setup via Bluetooth and transition to zwave on the panel at the end.

HTH, AllenT