UltraLoq Z-wave not syncing well with Alarm.com app

I recently purchased an UltraLoq U-Bolt Z-wave Lock from Amazon.

The lock paired up with my IQ Panel 4 effortlessly. The panel itself controls the lock perfectly, and updates its status with minimal delay.

The issue is the Alarm.com app. The lock shows up on it, and I can control the lock using the Lock/Unlock button, but the problem is the status is not updated once I do so. For example, if I push “Lock” on the app, the lock will close. The panel will show the lock as Locked and announce it by voice. But the alarm.com app will just say “Locking” and then “Unlocked.” Similarly, if I lock the lock from the Panel, the lock will immediately close, but the Alarm.com app shows it as staying unlocked even after refreshing, closing the app, logging back out/in, etc.

Anything I can do to fix this? It’s a total deal-breaker. If the app can’t show me the lock’s status with 100% accuracy, I can’t use it. I typically use Yale locks for this purpose and I’ve never had this problem (but good luck finding a Yale z-wave lock these days).

Appreciate any tips! I also got a Schlage lock for comparison but it was dead on arrival.

Unfortunately there would be no expectation of compatibility for that model at this time. For locks and thermostats I would always recommend sticking to the supported device list here. If a lock or thermostat is not found on that list, there is a near certainty it will not function 100%.

Lights are less restrictive and most Z-wave lights will work as long as they are single function switches.

OK thanks - do you have any tips on where to find these locks in stock? I’m striking out left and right. I ordered two Yale Locks on Amazon and both arrived without the Z-wave module (despite ordering the correct version). I bought a Shlage lock and it was dead in the box and couldn’t get a hold of anyone at support. Seems like these things are not being produced or sold anywhere (properly)!

Z-wave devices are pretty widely sold. I cannot provide recommendation for any specific vendors or Amazon sellers, but Schlage and Kwikset are sold through most hardware stores which should be a safe purchase.

I just added this lock to my system and realized the user codes are not syncing to the lock via z-wave hub.

• This is the pro version and has z-wave
  • The lock included into the IQPanel 4 securely
  • Shows up on alarm.com
  • User codes show as synced to the lock on alarm.com

I will reach out to Ultraloq and see if they have any information but wanted to see if anyone on the forum has experience with this lock.

If it’s not too late I’d return it and get a Yale Lock. I’ve now installed 3 Yale locks on these systems and they work almost perfectly, minimal fuss.

I really want a keyless lock. A little SuperGlue and the Ultraloq will be completely keyless.

It finally synced, I had to re-sync the lock in alarm.com again for some reason, then used the app to request users from z-wave and looked at my home assistant Z-Wave-JS and there they were in the slots. I will test it out tomorrow.

Yeah the Yale assure is a completely keyless lock.

The only one I found with z-wave is the older SL with the touchscreen. The button version of the Assure Lock 2 doesn’t mention if it is compatible with the Z-Wave add in module.

We definitely want buttons and not the touch screen.

Edit: found it, it is compatible with the accessory Z-Wave module. Now to just find these is stock someplace.
Retail version I want is $159 plus the Z-Wave module (with the S700 chipset) $99 = $259

The U-bolt Pro with Z-Wave (S700 chipset) is $249 but unfortunately still has a key hidden under the keypad. It does include a biometric fingerprint reader which of course is not part of alarm.com

Wish Yale made their site easier to find things on. I need 2 more locks to replace my old kwikset 910 locks.

Ah I didn’t realize you want physical buttons.

I may have missed it but have you looked at the YRD136 ? That Yale model is a push button keyless.

A list of officially compatible devices can be found here.

Amazon is running a 1 day only sale on the Ultraloq Z-Wave lock for $175 . That pretty much sealed the deal for my additional locks.